iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pizza + toppings

Started by lynde37avery, December 06, 2013, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

just waiting for the girlfriend to get home with dinner. pepperoni and cheese. family size so I can get my yum on.

What's every ones favorite pizza topping?
Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

pepperoni. I even have a hunk of pepperoni with my eggs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Just about everything, except the anchovies,  stuff crust too,   now I'm hungry for pizza,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mooseherder

Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Hamburger or sausage, Onions and some green peppers.
I like the thinner crust style.

sawguy21

Just finished a great pizza. Thin crispy crust, tomato, ham, green pepper (chopped fine enough I could handle them), jalapenos, bacon, Italian sausage and lots of cheese. Good Friday night dinner  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ken

We will often buy the small frozen pizzas and then spice them up with extra toppings.  My favorite extra toppings are moose burger, mushrooms, cheese, pepperoni, pickles and whatever else I can find in the fridge that needs used up.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Ianab

We do pizza bases in the bread maker. real fresh dough, beat it into an approx round and flat shape, then have at it with some toppings. 15 mins in a hot oven and it's good to go. No "thin crust" here, it's a flat loaf of bread with tomato and cheese on top.  :D

Standing joke is "Roughing it tonight, Salmon and Avocado pizza"   :D

Must have been one of the first weeks Lil stayed at my place, and it got to about Thursday (Friday is grocery day), and the pantry was getting a bit bare.  So I cooked up a tinned Salmon and Avocado pizza, with some random vege, spices etc.

"Sorry, all I got to feed you is a pizza, Salmon and Avocado OK?"  :D Must have been OK, she's  still here ;)

But I like the cajun chicken one better. That's for Saturday. Friday is Grocery nite, so we often buy a cooked chicken for an easy dinner, but only eat 1/2 of it. So on Sat, whip up a pizza base and use the rest for a pizza.

Otherwise, it's "meat lovers". All the left over meat in the fridge, a bit of bacon, and some token onion and mushroom etc.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SPIKER

I'm more into the Thick Crust well done with lots of meat & veggies on it.   Everything from Spinach & Pineapple to Sausage and Pepperoni.   

That is about our "Typical" Pizza.   I can't do much Peppers anymore with acid reflux just the spicy stuff is bad enough without the Green or Yellow peppers.   Woman gets all those on her side tho so her's is about 1/4" thicker of peppers and olives...
The standard fair is Deep Dish Dough, let it rise up for 30+ min, on top of warm stove.

Fry in cast iron skillet, Bacon, Sausage, Hamburger maybe some Ham and or Canadian Bacon if we have it.   

Take the hamburger and toss in 1/2 of a chopped sweet onion & half package of sliced mushrooms while burger is cooking.   Let everything drain off to get rid of grease as it is heart stopping good but need to stay alive long enough to finish it off ;)

If we are missing some of that then some fried Bologna or Lunch meat  may make it on there (fried to get out some of the built in grease.) 

Take microwave dish and paper towels and layer with pepperoni for 45sec to get some of the grease out of them too.

For her side we fry the green/red/yellow peppers till they are soft and also drain them off good.   

Once the dough has risen for 30+ min, coat pizza pan with bacon grease, we flatten it out real good & pop into oven for 10 or so min to brown/start cooking the dough.   

Pull it out spread the sauce (Contadina Pepperoni flavored is what we use most often.)   Heap on the good fixins that were pre-cooked & hot still.   

Then add layer of mixed cheese and toss on the Pepperonis, Fresh raw sweet onions, maybe more mushrooms & then top with final layer of cheese to keep it all stuck in place.   Bake at 400~450 for 10 + min longer where it is done pull it out and proceed to see how much skin you can remove from the roof of your mouth before it cools down to eating room temp! 8) 8)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

thecfarm

spiker,that looks good.   ;D  Almost as thick as the one the wife makes. The crust alone is a good inch thick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sonofman

Spiker, that looks really, really good. My favorite is anything with lots of meat. There is a outfit around here that supplies pizzas for convience and country stores called Hunt Brothers pizza. I do not know how widespread they are, but I really like their meat lover's pizza. The local store that sells them could not figure out why I always get it raw, till I told them about my egg.

The one thing I do not like about most pizza joints is the chain ovens thay almost all use to cook them. They just aren't as good as cooking them in a real pizza oven. I live in western SC and am from eastern NC. There is a local pizza joint in the town I am from that still uses ovens, and I have to eat there at least once every time I go home, if at all possible.
Located due west of Due West.

Dave Shepard

BBQ sauce instead of red, lots of cheese and pineapple and onions on top.
White pizza with garlic and onions.
Pesto instead of red sauce with garlic, fresh spinach and onion.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Pepperoni, ham, Italian Sausage, mushrooms, black olives.  Hand tossed crust is my favorite  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

martyinmi

I love nearly every topping imaginable.....with the exception of liver(yes liver,it is DISGUSTING!),olives and anchovies.

I can't even eat a pizza after taking those nasty things off. Just the smell of any of them nauseates me! smiley_smelly_skunk

We did make a peanut butter, jelly, and banana thin crust a few years ago and it was surprisingly good! digin_2

Edit: My bride informed me it was peanut butter, Honey, and bananas.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

sawguy21

Liver would ruin a perfectly good pizza. I'll take your black olives though, just hold the anchovies.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jmouton

pepperoni  and bacon is very yummy 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ND rancher

OK, you guys are going to think this one is crazy!  Our favorite is thin crusted canadian bacon and sauerkraut. Homemade or at only one pizza parlor in town.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

goose63

Quote from: ND rancher on December 09, 2013, 08:42:42 AM
OK, you guys are going to think this one is crazy!  Our favorite is thin crusted canadian bacon and sauerkraut. Homemade or at only one pizza parlor in town.
Now that's one I would like to try  smiley_beertoast and I don't like pizza
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My wife sometimes makes fresh fruit Pizzas in the summer. Blueberries, Peaches, Strawberries, Orange slices.
Uses some kind of sweet cream etc. Very good chilled on those hot summer months.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Frozen Pizza with added pepperoni and cheese for dinner tonight.
It's more better'n good.

Burlkraft

I've had that only in a Mom and Pop place here in Madison. I am craving this like crazy now. They make their own kraut....... digin1
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WildDog

This is an older pic, but its still our favourite. Home made base, pizza sauce, onion powder, cheeses, heaps of mushrooms, ham, capsicum, salami and pineapple. :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 12, 2013, 06:38:47 PM
I've had that only in a Mom and Pop place here in Madison. I am craving this like crazy now. They make their own kraut....... digin1

I have never tried this......but it does sound tasty.

Chuck White

I like: Onions, Banana Peppers, Bell Peppers, Sausage, Mushrooms, wifey doesn't go for mushrooms though!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ksks

I just ordered hamburger, green olives and jalapeƱo. mmmmmmm.
Striving to be average!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on December 14, 2013, 02:35:28 PM
I like: Onions, Banana Peppers, Bell Peppers, Sausage, Mushrooms, wifey doesn't go for mushrooms though!

Chuck....tell your wife I know exactly what she's talking about.
IMO....a mushroom looks just like a booger!

Thank You Sponsors!