iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lucas

Started by clairmont, December 29, 2013, 07:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairmont

hi,how can I adjust the blade so the vert & horiz cut meet,the verti cut is deeper; thanks

ET

There are specific instructions in your manual, but my suggestion is not to touch anything. Sounds like a tooth issue to me. Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

clairmont

hi,I misplace my instruction book,it started doing that with a new blade

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What kind of mill do you have?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sigidi

Clairmont, easiest thing to do is contact LCS and ask for a Download of the manual, be a lot less hassle than trying to type you through it on here. Good luck
Always willing to help - Allan

tjhammer

clairmount,I foundout with help while building my saw the distance from the center of the swing pivots to the out side of the blade tooth has to be the same distance as the center of your saw arbor to the tip of the saw tooth,if this happened when you changed saws I wouldn't touch any thing untill I changed saws.go back to the old one and se if the cut intersects,why did you change saws in the first place?I know if your saw has been doing ok and not ok with a blade change the probable cause should be the saw blade,if you adjust to this saw then the next one you put on will have to be adjusted again unless the blade is the same as the one you have taken off,what I'm trying to say all your saws have to be the same circumference if not the intersect will be different
  tj
hammer

Jeff

Sounds to me like the blade is wrong as well. Those teeth have to be right. If it is the blade, you don't want to change the mill, you need to change the blade.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Grandedog

Howdy,

If you need some assistance, give us a shout and we''ll help you bird dog your issues.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

JohnM

clairmont, I'm just curious, was it just one log?  These pics are of one particular log that for whatever reason (tension ???) made these lines on the vert cut (lumber came out ok).  I saw it in 'spots' on other logs but not the whole length like this one and it hasn't been an issue.  Though it's been so long since I've sawn a log (Mother Nature is working against me with this snow and cold :() I can't remember if it's an issue! >:(

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Seaman

John, I have also had that happen in one spot on a log, usually where a large limb knot is coming out the top.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Holmes

It appears the vertical plane may be off,slightly shifted down . That would make the blade cut into the log.  Instead of a 90 degree rotation it may be a 88 or 92 degree rotation.  Adjustment screws should be near the rotating axis.
Think like a farmer.

Ianab

Not sure about the Lucas set up, but on the Peterson you can get a chunk of sawdust sitting on the adjustment bolt. This stops the blade from flipping to exactly 90 deg, and you get this sort of problem.

Any time the cuts don't line up, that's the first thing I look at.

It can also be a log that has tension and bows (either up or down) and creates those patterns. Doesn't means that you can't saw the logs. The individual boards are OK, they just end up with a weird pattern on the edges.

Ian.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!