Stihl Can't hook

Started by Den69RS96, October 29, 2013, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den69RS96

I recently bought a Stihl 48 inch Can't Hook with the universal log stand.  Looks very similar to the Logrite Can't Hook.  Does Logrite make them for Stihl?  If so, I just wanted to say you make a high quality product.  I checked out a few different ones sold locally and wasn't impressed.  I used it twice already on some decent size trees and boy did it make my life easier.  Thanks again.
Stihl ms250, ms361, ms046

Dave Shepard

Yes, LogRite makes several tools for Stihl. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TimRB

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Yes, we make them for Stihl.  The only difference is the color of the powder coat and the sticker.
They carry the full line of cant hooks and peaveys. 
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

r.man

Terminology is certainly odd in the english language, sounds like one won't do the job and the other is mad at you for asking.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Tam-i-am

Quote from: r.man on October 31, 2013, 03:29:22 PM
Terminology is certainly odd in the english language, sounds like one won't do the job and the other is mad at you for asking.

very clever  ;D

RynSmith

AnthonyW

Can't hook?? Did hook and but didn't bend.

I went to a friends house to cut up a 'branch' that had fallen in his back yard.

The 'branch' was larger than the 16" bar on my chainsaw could cut, making it 18-19" in diameter and roughly 50' feet long. Several of the off-shoots (branches of this branch) were started at over 10" in diameter. This one branch was the size of a small tree in and of itself.

I was bucking on the lower branches trying to be careful not to pinch the only chainsaw I had. Finally my luck ran out. I grabbed the 48" Stihl cant hook I borrowed from my father and tried to roll this monster. Of course, I had to roll the high spot of the bend uphill. I couldn't, I didn't have the strength. My friend asked me to let him have a go. I reset the cant hook and he gave it his all. His all being all 6 foot 8 inches and all 380 pounds. He was able to roll the branch enough to get the chainsaw free.

Am I calling Logrite to complain? Not at all, just the opposite. If you needed a stress test for a cant hook, I couldn't imagine a better one than this. The cant hook is still as straight as an arrow. Out of curiosity, we even checked it with a straight edge.

I don't know who else makes cant hooks and peaveys, but I'm sold on Logrite. I'm sorry, I didn't think of it until afterwards and I didn't have my camera, but I would have loved to post a picture of my friend holding the cant hook.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

ReggieT

Just bought a 60' CantHook with aluminum handle...used it on some black locust...VERY IMPRESSIVE!
Ordered it from LogRite online...got here in 3 days with basic shipping!!! 8)

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ReggieT on December 09, 2013, 01:34:59 AM
Just bought a 60' CantHook with aluminum handle...used it on some black locust...VERY IMPRESSIVE!

WOW, with that kind of leverage, you could turn just about anything  ;) :D :D :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

ReggieT

SliverPicker

I've got the 60"er as well.  I wouldn't buy anything shorter after using it.  It has unpinched my saw once or twice and it works great to "roll" hung trees that aren't hooked too solidly.  Just make sure you are pushing and not pulling when rolling hung trees.  Oh yeah and its great for firewood.  Great product.
Yooper by trade.

21incher

Quote from: ReggieT on December 09, 2013, 01:34:59 AM
Boy are you lucky. I have been waiting weeks for my 60" hook to ship from Baileys. Apparently they have a shortage of the 60" size. Then when they get them in it will have to travel 3000 more miles east to my home.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

But you will be that much more happy when it arrives.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

Wow, that is quite a testimonial!  Thanks for sharing AnthonyW

I love to hear how our tools are used.

DR Buck

Quote from: ReggieT on December 09, 2013, 03:05:57 AM
60".... ::)

You should try the 78" mega hook (AKA the 'Arky Hook')   8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Timberjack_395XP

I ordered the 48' this weekend with log stand I ordered the stihl instead of the other just because of the color the bright orange is way easier to see for me than the blue but it still was close to $175 but I buy for life so it was worth it for me

Tam-i-am

Blue or orange they still work the same! ;)

Thanks