iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CTL Log measuring computer

Started by QwikDraw, July 25, 2014, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwikDraw

I am looking at a new harvester with Quadco 5660 (to replace older machine with 5660).  I presently have the Motomit measuring system.
Do I have any other options for measuring computers, the motomit seems quite out dated.  My iPhone seems 100 years ahead in technology...why can't the measuring computers be easier to use?

Thx

CTL logger

You could call woodland equipment, I think they put one of their computers on a 5660 in new York one time if I remember right.

Northern Timber Harvesting

i bought a new motomit a year and a half ago, at the time they told me that they were going to be using a new system starting in 2014 that used fiber optic maybe? Have you checked with a dealer yet to see what they have? I agree that the motomit could use some improvements. I've often wondered why my iPhone can do what it can for a few hundred bucks and all without wires  but 20 gs gets you a pile of wires and simple functions. I know its all about mass production blah blah blah, it would be cool to see a wireless measuring system though.

barbender

Someone should be able to make a bluetooth encoder that sends signal to your phone ::) Really, sometimes it seems products from different industries end up with far different products, that perform similar functions. 
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

i have a motomit. other than a fault code that i cant get rid of its fine. i was told that parker bought motomit and wasnt that interested in supporting older models. do you have the #4 or the i t ?

Northern Timber Harvesting

snowstorm

Quote from: Northern Timber Harvesting on July 27, 2014, 10:30:37 PM
I have the IT.
isnt that the newest motomit. i would call quadco. and talk to erikki in Montreal and if you cant reach him then try mike in washington state. the quadco site will have his #

snowstorm

Quote from: QwikDraw on July 25, 2014, 09:21:30 PM
I am looking at a new harvester with Quadco 5660 (to replace older machine with 5660).  I presently have the Motomit measuring system.
Do I have any other options for measuring computers, the motomit seems quite out dated.  My iPhone seems 100 years ahead in technology...why can't the measuring computers be easier to use?

Thx
what do you mean by outdated? what dose it not do that you think it should?

snowstorm

looks like quadco is now using a technion x logger computer now. any body heard of them?

Thank You Sponsors!