iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using Sycamore

Started by ozarkgem, September 16, 2014, 06:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Just finish this little 19" deep x 36" wide x 25" tall desk for a friends little daughter. Christmas present. Made from 1/4 sawn Sycamore. Just a plain country style is what she wanted. Only thing is, she is going to paint it white. bg

hackberry jake

Painting something like that would be a shame. Maybe you could put a coat of tung oil on it or something paint friendly to bring out the grain and maybe she'll change her mind.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Bill Gaiche

Jake, her bedroom has white furniture, so I an sure she will stick with the white. I had built them a large intertwinement center last winter. She was going to paint it until she saw that it was out of red oak. Then she stained it instead. bg

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Larry

The beaded edge adds a lot to it.  I like it. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Nice taper on the legs, too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Southside

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!   Here I was admiring the detail into that table when suddenly it was like one of those stupid e-mails where you are staring really close at your monitor to find some tiny detail when out of nowhere some stupid zombie thing jumps out and blasts your speakers to scare the daylights out of you. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

I said nice taper.  Those other legs do not have a nice taper  ;D. 

Red Clay Hound

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Thank You Sponsors!