iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood delivery charge

Started by husky2100, September 19, 2014, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stroover

What do you guys charge per cord? (cut, split, & delivered). $245-$255 here in this part of NB usually about 30% birch and the rest true hardwood (maple, ash, etc).
When my time is up, I want to hit the ground like a spent shell!

John Mc

Guys with a reputation for selling good, seasoned hardwood around here have no trouble getting $300/cord delivered. In more remote areas of Vermont, it goes for less (I guess because there are fewer customers, and more people producing it?)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

M_S_S

We get 160 a cord for Juniper and Pine, there is no hardwood in this country. 120 miles south in the Reno area the same wood sells for 300 a cord, 400 for oak. Next year I am thinking of wholesaling to the wood brokers in Reno. I can ship 10 to 20 cord at a time for more money than I am getting now. Thinking of palletizing it. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

clww

I'll price a cord of all oak at $250 (delivered) this year.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

northcountry18

Here in NY i usually do $5-10 per delivery if you are within about a 15 min trip other than that around $15. and if they ask to stack its $20 a face cord

redprospector

When I deliver I charge by the hour, not the mile. I had a customer that has a home 31 miles from me, but it takes 1hr and 15 minutes to get to his gate when loaded. You can get home in an hour though.  :o
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

delgra

My '06 Silverado 4x4 will hold 1 face cord 4x8x16 which is 4 buckets, loose, of good hardwood in my Kioti CK35 bucket. $75 per face within  7 miles for free,  $15 to 20 miles and thats as far as I go as they don't really wanna pay any more.

xalexjx

set rates depending on where im going, usually within 15 miles, $250 cut split deliv for aprx 4 16" f/c green and $325 for same size load seasoned. Del is with a dump trailer and dumped in a pile, no stacking   ;)
Logging and Processed Firewood

firemedic589

In the Wash DC area the prices change as fast as the fuel prices do. Being that I live in Southern Maryland, I do not charge for delivery, just the price of the wood. A lot of fokes down my way are on either fixed incomes or are retired and can't afford all the extra fees. No fee for stacking either, as long as I can get to the spot with ease.

Now when delivering to the Northern Virginia and Wash DC area I will add on more to cover fuel cost, not a lot because I still want to make the sale. Stacking will be based again on if it is easy to get to where you want the wood.

brianJ

Delivery & stacking is free.   But I charge above average rate and they take delivery when my frontier & I are out and about for other things.   Most of the time they help me unload and the stacking job is a bit sloppy.

Corley5

I charge per cord depending on the wood's destination.  Delivered and dumped.  No stacking at all.  It's not an option.  For me there are no $$$ to be had stacking wood.  It's time wasted that more wood can be processed and delivered.  Turn and burn ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jimbarry

I always find it interesting when the discussion breaks out about a cord in a pickup truck.

This is a 2009 Silverado 3500HD with a 9ft dump box, 7ft wide and 4ft sides. In it is a cord of firewood that was stacked in crates to measure 128 cu ft, then tossed into the back of that truck.

Each crate is 32 cu ft. Four crates in the truck.

We include deliver for the first 35km. After that its $1.35 per loaded km.

Thank You Sponsors!