iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer at the paul bunyan show

Started by brandonward6, October 03, 2015, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonward6

I have a wood mizer mill and have had great customer service from them, they have always been helpful and pleasant. However today at the Paul Bunyan Show I approached the booth set up for blades. There were two Wood Mizer reps behind the table a what appeared to be a young female and a male several years older. No one else at the table far as customer wise. the were having a conversation and not wanting to but in, I browsed the table for some time and neither acknowledged me. A short time later I ask a queston about a blade expecting to get some help. The man just turns around and gives me a no and turns back around and they began casually laughing and joking with the female like i wasent even there. Figuring I wasnt worth their time i walked off. This kinda upset me as this is not the way Wood mizer normally operates.

drobertson

I have to say, and yes it hurts, but who ever they reps were, they will hear about it one way or other.
It's not typical, I blew through the day before the shoot out, both folks had no idea who I was, but they offered me some what seemed to be some stout coffee ;D  I declined, I had bout 6 cups at that point in the morning, this said, it is trying,(doing shows) and in many cases, not saying it's right but some folks just are not cut out for it. So shake this one off and use and enjoy and make money with your mill.  In all sorts of industrial atmospheres, folks that work the shows have very little knowledge of the depth and inner workings of the trade per say.  I figure no harm no foul, just poor people skills, and the ability to enjoy the moment. At any given moment we share the same space with the folks we run into, some folks just take this moment for what's in it for them and miss the connection, while others pick up on the interaction and embrace it.  The week end was a rough one, not excusing anyone, just saying the conditions favored tight lips for those not conditioned to adverse weather.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Am sure they had a long day, but even so.. you are there to be recognized and have at least one of their attentions.

Pet peave of mine is going up to a checkout counter and having the cashier continue a conversation with another employee while mechanically ringing up my purchase. Often gets left on the counter...well at least sometimes.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

;D Like I said, some folks are not the right fit for the job, sounds like it here.  And yes, it has happened sometimes to many times once the purchase has been made.  Sounds all to familiar with the car industry ;D  these shows are often times with the vendors considered a time to (party) if I may say this, at the expense of very potential sales opportunities, so take it as it is, and be aware of the atmosphere, not all squares are always square, it depends on the allowable tolerances. ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

deadfall

I think Mercury is in retrograde.  Probably an ill-advised time for the show.  Next time consult the charts.   :P
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Brucer

You will do Wood-Mizer a great service if you phone them up and tell them about your experience. You don't have to give any details or even try to identify the individuals.

When a company sends people out to represent them, they expect their employees to behave in a professional manner. Simply knowing that someone let them down will give the company a chance to improve their systems.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

xlogger

Sounds like the older guy was trying to hit on the young lady. Nearing 62 now I understand. ;D
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Gwhunter

I've had this experience at two different Woodmizer events. I've been looking hard at the LT15 wide & the LT28.
Neither show had either as a demo and they reps seemed less than interested in speaking with me about the mill.
I believe that one show had the NY guys there and the other was the Maine boys.

This was last year and I'm about to attend the Maine venue again in a few days. I'm hoping to not have the same results.

Matt

Bandmill Bandit

That can suck big time.

I know Brucer deals with the same dealer as I do and I have nothing but  good to say of them cept that Marv (now retired) UNDER sold me when I bought my mill. (Inside joke)

I spend a couple of hours most years at the Woodmizer booth at the Ag show in Red Deer, "bugging" Garry and the rest of the boys from Canada head office in Omtario cause it's just good too see them and I always learn something too. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Napoleon1

Gw. Spend your money elsewhere. Past performance is indicative of future results

Magicman

I would not think that what happens to be in inventory or demonstrated was an indication of performance.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

If you've got a problem with the way you were treated, then tell WM. There is no reason to condemn WM over one incident.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

brandonward6 And what is the reason for starting this topic when you know full well you can call wood-mizer anytime and express your concerns? If you are a wood-mizer customer,  i know you know you can call them, and they listen to you. So why?  Retribution?

I'll tell you one thing. I was there all weekend and I saw wood-mizer employees out in the wind and the rain and the mud demo-ing and meeting customer and future customer needs.  It was nasty out and everyone there that had to spend the day there were probably wet cold tired and miserable by the end of the day.  It's downright sad that you felt the need to get on here and publicly post something like this when a private call first may very well have sufficed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

brandonward6

jeff,  I have spent enough at woodmizer that i should get the warm and fuzzy. were not talking about a $100 dollar item here and there were talking thousands of dollars. I did not say anything bad about Wood-Mizer as a company or there product. Obviously they should look into there reps there sending out because im not the only one who feels this way, and they reflect on the company. And by the way Jeff, it wasent the guys down in the field in the cold and wet, it was the well dressed (slacks button up shirts and dress shoes) people inside the building. I just expected more from them. And im sure you will block me from this post when you read this, but jeff everyone is entitled to their opionion, and based on my observation this is mine. I dont need a grown man to condim me for sharing something i observe. Sorry jeff its not a jab at wood mizer its a jab at the unprofessional reps they had there that reflect on their company. If the guys at the Wood Mizer booth would have been as professional as the australian guy at Lucas it would have been great. and Remember Jeff you cant bully people into agreeing with everything you think or say.

47sawdust

I sense a storm brewing,I'm heading for bed.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

I'm not a bully, I'm the home owner here and I asked you a simple question after you came in my house and made some contentious remarks. What was your purpose of posting this in public? To get even? To embarrass? What?  You haven't answered my question.

brandonward6

Its that i expected more from them. Everyone i have ever come into contact with i have always told them how customer service was top notch from wood mizer. Just so happend one of the people i always brag up to about wood mizer was with me that day. He is a Hudson man, and in my opinion, i repete my opinion, i dont think hudson mills are in the same catagory as a wood mizer, thats for every man to decide himself tho. after all i have bragged about wood mizer i must admit i was kinda embarressed. i feel this forum most of us have formed our opinions about the companys, and i guess i saw this a way of venting among friends.

beenthere

brandon..
And I'm thinking that we on the forum don't like to be vented upon. just sayin...

Suck it up, give a call if you feel so inclined to where it will do some good. Does no good at all to vent here, as I see it.

Sorry your feelings were hurt at the PB show.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I understand. The thing is, you are not just venting among friends here. You are posting on a public forum that gets indexed constantly by google. What you did was more than vent. You added to the world wide web negative comments about a company that you have been proud of, that more appropriately should have been aimed at individual reps, done by the company, after a complaint in private to them, by you.  You only have 14 posts, so we have not had a chance to get to know you as "friends" At a certain level of posts, the forum recognizes you as more of a contributing member and you are introduced to a full members board where you can then more appropriately vent "among friends" without the whole world recording perhaps an unfair judgement by seeing an out of context or isolated complaint about a company.

At the forestry forum we don't allow public venting as it is unfair to the party being vented against. Be it an individual or a company. We certainly allow someone to tell about a problem that they are in search of help with. The forum is all about helping people.

drobertson

I have to agree with Jeff, and it does seem that a learning curve in forum conversation occurs, it did with me as well.  What gets me is I will meet folks become acquaintances with them, and build a friendship with them, while at the same time one of my friends, just despises the very one I have built a great re pour with,  why the two can't come together just blows my mind, but it is what it is.. It's been said before and will again,  voice deflection, ego retention, and a lack of looking at the bigger picture and the dynamics of a given circumstance will always fuel misunderstandings.. a calm, quiet and an informed approach are amazing attributes when dealing with less than expected responses.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: brandonward6 on October 03, 2015, 09:15:18 PM
A short time later I ask a queston about a blade expecting to get some help.

What question do you have about a blade?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

deadfall

I used to be on a tractor forum where I loved how people tried to help each other.  But I had to give the place up because there was too much personal charge at the level of a sandbox.  This place is a cut above that.  There is a lot of respect shown here, and for that I am very thankful.  Thank you for this place, even if it's way more than I will ever be able to read.  I have made my corner of the place here in the sawmill section.  Thanks to everyone here.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

jmouton

i am not sure what all the hubbub is all about  , we had a great experience at the show  even with the rain,,  the woodmizer guys  helped us with a few questions  ,  we talked to a few of them and they were great,,,,             

thanks woodmizer for the help,,,,,jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

drobertson

Quote from: jmouton on October 05, 2015, 09:36:57 PM
i am not sure what all the hubbub is all about  , we had a great experience at the show  even with the rain,,  the woodmizer guys  helped us with a few questions  ,  we talked to a few of them and they were great,,,,             

thanks woodmizer for the help,,,,,jim
They are great, the bottom line is one customer tried to impress thinking he was part of the wmz family and for what ever reason felt like he got slighted.  Pretty simple, and it happens all the time, the fact remains, had he introduced himself, feeling like a big dog, things would be different as to this thread.  Could the reps been more attentive?  yes, without a doubt, does this sort of thing happen? yes it does.  So now we have discussion on not so much a company that could not careless, but rather a company that has folks like the rest of us, bad choices at the wrong time which resulted in a wide open, ugly presentation.  And deep down I believe it's not a bad thing, just unfortunate.  It's much like going to a restaurant where the servers judge a book by the cover, not knowing they just missed the best customer that tips the best.  I've never seen anyone walk out squawking about a terrible server, but rather just leave no tip and not return for a while. 
Which boils down for a loss for both parties.  Very sad any way one looks at it, and should be avoided.

red

Sometimes to get that Warm and Fuzzy Feeling you may have to swallow a Kitten.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!