iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill friends not on the Forum

Started by Bibbyman, October 22, 2004, 08:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gipper

Hi Shopteacher

Didn't get their user names, but all of them left me some "business" cards!  ;D ;D

Corley5

They're  8) 8) to see until all 12 of them move into your cornfield or garden or orchard or aspen regeneration or......
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

customsawyer

Howdy yall I was going to put my 2 cents worth in here but had to use it to buy fuel :-[  I didn't even know about this place until I found Arky on another site and he pointed the way. Still lost most of the time though. I really enjoy the info and the other stuff that flows around here, it seems to be alot like those business cards that Gipper was talking about  ;D Hoping to post some pic. next day or two of a twin 4ft red oak yall keep a eye out for them or questions about how to post them which ever comes first.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

TN_man

Hey customsawyer,
That is exactly how I got over here. I wonder if we read the same thing. Pretty cool 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Paco

Hello Everyone been lurking for awhile this topic propmted me to join in the fun.
Husky 575XP,Stihl ms290,Echo CS4500, John Deere 755 compact tractor w/ Home built Skidding Winch.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Hey Paco!
Have a seat. Sometimes you can't get a word in edgewise around here.  :D

Haytrader

Wecome, Paco.

Hope your not just a bser like some of these guys are.

:D  :D  :D

Not to mention any names but it is DanG  E Z to pick em out.

;)
Haytrader

Bibbyman

Welcom Peco,

I see you planted your tree a little north of the big city.  I had a chance to travel a little in New York State some 20 years ago and was pleasantly surprised it was all like New York City!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Hey, trader! I resemble that remark! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RacinRex

Paco your little tree looks like its near saratoga springs or the general vacinity. I'm out west in Watkins Glen (finger lakes region) Have fun this is a great place for information. Heck I got an offer from another member to come out to my place and help me get my bearings with trying to saw straight in this pine.
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

Paco

Thanks for the how do's.

gee this is just like friday nights at the fire house.

I planted my tree as close to the northern end of lake george as possible.

and boy am I glad that the adirondacks in nothing like the city
Husky 575XP,Stihl ms290,Echo CS4500, John Deere 755 compact tractor w/ Home built Skidding Winch.

Paschale

You know, all this talk about people lurking and not joining in sorta makes me think back to my first encounter with the FF.  I had my eye on a tree in the U.P. that I wanted to mill into lumber, but it was a leaner, so I did a google search for logging forums, and stumbled on this patch of ground, so I decided to posted a couple of questions.  Got some great responses right away, and thought to myself I should come back and check the forum out more often.  I'd come back from time to time, but then it all sorta snowballed, cuz I was having too much fun.  I'd post every now and again, not wanting to waste all these people's time.  So it always had to be a "worthwhile" post that I'd think about a lot before posting.  I'd sit there and stare at my post, refresh the previews, edit it, read it again, and then finally, after I crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's, I'd post.  And then, like some kid, I'd be checking it every five minutes to see if someone had posted a reply.   ::) It's sort of a weird feeling to post something out here in the internet--even though it's basically anonymous you still for some reason feel like you're taking some risk.  Or at least I did--I guess I didn't post much for fear of looking like a fool.   :D  I'd always feel good though when a post got some responses that stimulated more talking, basically feeling like I'm doing my part to contribute.

But now, I'll just type away without anything holding me back,  ::) more often than not silly stuff that probably just amuses me, but I've come to realize that this is a place where more than anything, people are just glad you're around, and it doesn't really matter what you're talking about.  I always used to worry that since I was new to all this stuff, my comments weren't really important.  But now, I see that the importance of one's involvement is really what matters, not whether someone's an expert or sage.  It's a community, and I like Tom's analogy of guys hanging around the hardware store shooting stories back and forth.  It's definitely a case I think of "the more the merrier!"  Funny thing is, that even though it might seem like a mundane topic, it's more than likely to spark somebody to say something interesting.  A conversation about what you had for breakfast could possibly turn into a really interesting thread--and perhaps bring out some geographical pride and fervor in people all across the country about the best breakfast in the good ole US of A.  I had eggs and sausage, btw.   ;D

Anyway, I hope all you lurkers out there who were like me for the longest time, sitting back not saying nuttin' fer fear of wasting people's time, just realize that the musings of anybody is more than welcome, so post away!  The guys on the forum seem to tolerate me just fine, so heck, come on in!   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

You know Paschale that's very true, I was the same way myself. I had bought a sawmill and was green as grass about it, found FF from the net and lurked in the background for some time. I had hung around at WW and had seen all too many times folks that got reamed for asking perfectly legit questions, that made me nervous about posting here as well. But soon enough I found that any questions no matter what was welcomed. Jeff's philosophy that even if it's been asked before it wasn't asked by you is great and I'm sure helps newcomers feel at ease. Makes me proud to be a member even if I am just an old fart that looks good. ;D

Bibbyman

Yha just never know what direction a post in going to go.   When I started this topic I was thinking that most everyone had a friend or two that was somehow involved in the forestry to some degree but were not (and not likely to be) readers or posters on the Forestry Forum.  Maybe the Forum readers would enjoy reading a little about a few of these people and maybe could share a few of their own "Friends not on the Forum" stories.

But,  anyway, it is good to see so many come forward and testify that they too have gotten over being shy about posting.   COME ON DOWN!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

LeeB

In defence of those that don't post much, I feel like I'm your buddy who likes to listen to your stories and share a good time with you even if I don't say much. Still like to be a part of it all just the same. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

pappy

Yup Paschale,
You said it just right,  I too would feel weird about posting. But I said what the heck, I'm gonna try and contribute to the FF, however little it might be, it should be worth something to somebody, even if it's just a smile. :)  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!