iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland mills

Started by breazyears, May 14, 2016, 03:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breazyears

Havent posted for quite some time here, but i have been lurking. Most of you probably wouldent remember but the mill i built is still running great with no issues. I have put guarding on it, and built a proper bed... 12 feet with a 6 foot section that i can add if needed...Love it. Anyway thought i would mention that the new Woodland Mills mill is out. You can check it out on their site. Looks nice.
Sorry if this has been posted already.
Have a good day guys.
Steve.

Timster

Bought one of the new HM130 mills. Still in the process of assembling it. Things go real slow working by myself. So far I am impressed with the mill. It will be at least a few more days before I can make some sawdust.

Roundhouse

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Timster, my HM130 got here yesterday and I'm halfway through the assembly of it. I'm impressed so far and all the components are very sturdy. With no logs at home and still weighing my trailer options it will be a while yet before I'm making sawdust. I'll be starting a thread soon to chronicle my milling adventures (this is my first mill).
Woodland Mills HM130, 1995 F350 7.3L, 1994 F350 flatbed/crane, 1988 F350 dump, Owatonna 770 rough terrain forklift, 1938 Allis-Chalmers reverse WC tractor loader, 1979 Ford CL340 Skid Steer, 1948 Allis-Chalmers B, 1988 Yamaha Moto-4 200, various chain saws

breazyears

I agree they do look to be a nice unit at a good price.
Let us know how they preform guys.

clintnelms

I've had my HM126 for several months now. Only been able to saw maybe 8 logs so far though. It's a great saw, I love it.

fishfighter

That 130 looks nice compared to my 126. :( Still, after a year +, I'm very happy with my mill. Even with some up grades I did. ;D

I do have two new controllers that I will be swapping out. One will control the head speed and the other will control rising and lowering the saw head. ;D

Was very happy installing the mill on a trailer. Cost for trailer and mill up grades, just under $400. ;D 

Heavycream

Fishfighter Your set-up looks great. I'd like to see more of your trailer how were you able to build it so cheap? Im trying to get one together but it seems to be expensive even scrounging!

fishfighter

I had most of the metal and axle on hand. Just stuff I had laying around. :D My biggest cost was the power wheel chair, $100 off craiglist and two new tires, $110. The rest was some metal and welding rods. ;D

If you go into my gallery, click on sawmill, that will bring up 4 pages of pictures. Go to page 4 for more pictures of the trailer build.

I did use Woodland plans somewhat. On there web site, they have them for free.

Thank You Sponsors!