iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

latest "highly valuable "walnut log

Started by alanh, January 23, 2017, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanh

6`6" long 38" at the small end....a little much for my LT 15...
I have 2 more coming this size or bigger plus some smaller stuff that will actually fit on my mill.select/unselect all:             

Brad_bb

Your pictures didn't show up in the post, only links. When you're in your gallery and have selected the photo scroll down and there's a button that says insert picture into post. With your cursor in  your post in the place you want  The picture, go back to your gallery and hit the insert picture and post button. It will insert it where you left your cursor in the post you were writing.

That does look like some "highly valuable black walnut". If I had it I would Mill it into 4 x 8 braces or slab it for table tops if it's a butt log with root feet.  Be ready to find nails in that butt log though.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

alanh

OffGrid973

I wonder if the black powder trick could split that in to 4 sections for the LT-15. I own the lt-10 and always curious if it's really as easy as the YouTube videos show.  Following this thread.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

alanh

I`m not sure about black powder but I`m sure Dennis and his Peterson mill can knock it down to size, I have to get them all gathered in one spot first....there will be pics

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ianab

Quote from: Brad_bb on January 25, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
Why not chainsaw slab it for tables?

Hopefully the Peterson mentioned has a slabber attachment.

I agree that a log like that would make some "highly valuable" live edge table slabs.  :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

alanh

yep, slabs are the plan.. here`s the rest

Thank You Sponsors!