The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Bourbon barrel aged maple syrup  (Read 14304 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
Re: Bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
I have shipped all on hold for Christmas orders. If you still want to order it should be by 12/13 for shipment on 12/14 to be relatively certain it will arrive before Christmas. The USPS has become slower already this season!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline Nodak Andy

• ya sure you betcha
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2021, 05:25:47 PM »
Not gonna lie, thats the best damned maple syrup I've ever had.  Gave 3 jars of the bourbon stuff to the guys on my crew for christmas and they love it.  I'll be ordering more, thats for sure.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
Great to hear! I get lots of repeat orders on my bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. I've made about 15 batches over the years, all but one came out perfect. One had a sour taste to it, that will never be sold. I'm trying to figure what I can do with it, but it will not be sold retail to consumers.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
While my supply of regular maple syrup is now very low, I still have a good supply of my bourbon barrel aged maple syrup in stock and ready to ship. While it has never yet happened, it is possible I could have a shipping delay on my bourbon barrel aged maple syrup of a day or two on occasion. That is because I wax seal all bottles before I ship, but at times I run low on bottles that are waxed. My inventory is already bottled and packed in cases, but I only wax 1 case at a time of each of the 2 sizes. There is a chance, especially if I'm boiling syrup and I get orders for more than I have waxed, it might be a day or 2 before I can wax another case of them. I store the packed cases in cold storage, in order to wax them, I need to take them home for about 24 hrs to warm, then I wax them. If I try to dip them in wax when they are too cold it does not come out well.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »
Good news, I now ship to all 50 states. Alaska and Hawaii will often take longer, especially remote areas in Alaska.

Offline Weekend_Sawyer

• Senior Member x2
  • Jack of all trades, master of fun
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »
I just placed my order for the bourbon barrel syrup. 
I am looking forward to them pancakes!

I listed the FF in the order.

Jon 
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
Thank you weekend sawyer. I finally (actually my I.T. son did) got your paypal payment figured out. It was that I have 4 different email, and accounts with PayPal for 2 of them. I thought one of those had been closed, but it hadn't, your payment (along with over $600 worth of others) had gone to that old account.
For those who are now puzzled, Weekend Sawyer gave me enough info when I asked him for feedback that my son found where his PayPal payment had gone, I wasn't finding it.
Some of those were FF generated sales, and for all sales thru 1/31/21 that were FF generated, I have paid the 5% to the FF. Weekend Sawyer's sale will be sent the next time I send a payment to the FF for the 5%.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • cnymaple.com
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2021, 11:56:54 AM »
Just a comment on the bourbon barrel aged maple syrup, while a few customers do use it on pancakes, waffles and french toast, far more use it on ice cream, cut up fresh fruit and in cooking or when smoking meat or fish.

Offline Weekend_Sawyer

• Senior Member x2
  • Jack of all trades, master of fun
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »

I'm telling you this syrup is truly the best ive ever had!

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Offline rastis

• Share Post
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2021, 12:42:08 PM »
Are you upgrading your gear? I see you have a bunch of stuff listed on maple trader. We start our production today!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Anyone have a barrel of cherry syrup?

Started by Dave Shepard on General Board

15 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 09:18:23 AM
by Dale Hatfield
xx
Barrel stove kit with stainless barrel or mild steel pros n cons

Started by Canadiana on Firewood and Wood Heating

9 Replies
Last post August 25, 2021, 06:59:44 PM
by gspren