iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Darrel

Can you at least drive by and catch a glimpse of that bright orange paint over the fence?
smiley_greg_walking_stilts
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That did go through my mind Darrel.

Like a kid back in the '50's watching a baseball game through a knot hole in a wooden fence.  :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I did get an important thing fixed today while waiting on my mill.

The Dang door on my 97 7.3 F-250 has been hard to shut for over a year.
So I just went to the Ford place today and we put in new pins and bushings in the hinges.

Then a new latch and striker.

And if that wasn't enough, replaced the door handle and the "stuff" inside the door with new cables.

Before the door felt like it weighed 100 pounds when shutting it and then you had to slam it.
But now I can take one finger and slowly shut and the door latched perfectly.
I'm glad this is done!  :)

After that I had them do a full service on the truck.

The next thing I have to do is put a new sending unit in tank #1.
I can fill it up but it still shows empty on the gauge. I just have to keep up with my milage while running
off that tank.

But anyway, finished all my paperwork for the new mill today via emails and copy machine.
The guys at WM shined it up and got it ready for Monday mornings class and hook up.

Door works like a brand new door now!  8)

WV Sawmiller

I cry foul!!! I opened this thread expecting to see a nice new, shiny orange mill and instead all I see is an update on sick Ford. How depressing. >:(
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

A 97 ford that cleen, :o :o   Up here the thing would be a pile of rust
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I keep my Powerstroke and my Powerstrip clean.   ;D

Resonator

There's an Arborist in California with a 97 7.3 F250, he posted a youtube video of it turning 300,000 miles.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

Could it be that we use grits on the roads instead of salt??

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Resonator on February 02, 2018, 09:02:25 PM
There's an Arborist in California with a 97 7.3 F250, he posted a youtube video of it turning 300,000 miles.

Actually 300,000 is not a whole lot. Get 750,000 and you got my attention.  :o

barbender

You southerners with your shiny clean 20 year old rigs make me just sick!
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Kbeitz

If you want to see a lot of our old cars and trucks still running go to
Dominican Republic.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

For those of you that have not seen the goat's truck i will tell you it is one fine truck.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on February 04, 2018, 11:08:24 AM
For those of you that have not seen the goat's truck i will tell you it is one fine truck.

Thanks Slider.

Crossroads

I think my goat is more ambitious than your goat....

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

JB Griffin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 02, 2018, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: Resonator on February 02, 2018, 09:02:25 PM

Actually 300,000 is not a whole lot. Get 750,000 and you got my attention.  :o

I know of one that has more than that. Guy uses it to pull campers for people that don't have a truck or don't want to do it theirself. Original engine never been rebuilt, and a Brians Truck Shop rebuilt e4od with bigger trns cooler and triple disk torque converter.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

WDH

This was the Goat's last truck before he got this one.  That is him driving when he was younger. 

http://www.prewarbuick.com/features/jed_clampetts_buick
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!