iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatrock58

Congratulations!  I would sure like to have a new wide mill, but mine is in too go a shape to be thinking about a new one.  Enjoy I!
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: flatrock58 on February 05, 2018, 09:06:58 PM
Congratulations!  I would sure like to have a new wide mill, but mine is in too go a shape to be thinking about a new one.  Enjoy I!

Thanks flatrock and happy birthday. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on February 05, 2018, 08:49:09 PM
Your debarker looks the same as mine, does the wheel spit the stuff away from the blade or right into it like the old mill?  I liked my lt40 debarker way more than this one.

Once I get used to it i'll like it. It throws the bark away from me now. My other debarked threw the bark toward me and when I sawed Cherry.....it was like bird shot.  fudd-smiley

Magicman

Congratulations my Friend.  The new name is well earned.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crossroads

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 05, 2018, 08:45:15 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 05, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
David,

I'm really interested in a detailed report on how that wide head cuts in a few months. Are you keeping historical records to see what % of the logs need the extra width?

Nah.....no records will be kept. However, once I get comfortable with the whole operation of this new mill, I will advertise that I can saw a 34 inch wide live edge slab....and thats 34 inches at its widest point.
My prices are in line with other mills that saw up to 27 inches wide. But now that I can go wider, there will be a price increase for a diameter over 27 inches.....for live edge slabs.
After I got my wide and realized that there had been nothing done with the debarker to compensate for the extra 6", I call the dealer to see if there was anything in the works. Out of curiosity, I asked how many wide head mills were in Oregon. I was pretty surprised when he said about 20.
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 05, 2018, 09:14:02 PM
Congratulations my Friend.  The new name is well earned.   8)

Thanks Magic....and Thanks for your customer #.  :D :D :D :D

Magicman

:o  I thought that the credit card would be enough.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

ncsawyer

Congrats on the new paint!!  Looks like you already got orange mud on the tires to match the orange paint on the new mill.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Magicman

slider

al glenn

Ga Mtn Man

She sure is purdy Mr. Widehead.  I hope you will still talk to all of us "non-widehead" folk... at least occasionally  :laugh:.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

samandothers

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

From a narrow-head manual guy to a wide-headed hydraulic guy:
Congratulations!
Once the new has worn off a bit and the pink is showing up here and there through that shiny new orange, it'll be great to hear what you think of it.
Pros and Cons.
I'll bet your grin will be 'ear to ear' wide.  ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

PS:
Don't put any stock into what those 49 year old youngsters have to say.
They're just strugglin' to keep up!  :D  ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Dave Shepard

For a goat that's got to be better than grazing in a pricker bush and finding two tin cans and some barbed wire. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I know everybody thinks I went to the mill this morning throwing sawdust left and right.....negative.  :D

My first priority was to find the closest Yanmar Service Center.
About 6 phone calls to different places and I found HEN Equipment in Charlotte.
I drove up there and met the people. They work on HUGE Pans and Motor Graders.
He showed me all types of engines they work on, They have all the software for every Yanmar engine under the new EFI standards. A shop more than big enough for my sawmill to go in if I ever need to take it up there. I was told if I ever have a question or don't understand what information was going on on the dash board of my Yanmar, to call them and would walk me through it.
They then put in in touch with a company 6 miles from me that stock Yanmar filters etc. for my engine.
I left and went there and set up an account for ordering what I need when it comes time for me to service my engine. All these guys were really very nice.

After going through the Kohler deal....I thought I'd get out and find my diesel life jackets just in case my diesel ship starts to sink.  :)

After lunch I sawed about 20 /  6-1/2 x 8 x 8's for a shipping company.
Found out I need to tweak my log stops. They are set at 90° but putting pressure on a cant against them throws me out of square a little. I'll dial them in tomorrow.

All in all the mill ran great, lots of power and went right through 2 / 16 penny nails like it was butter. ;D
Gotta step up my game on some bigger logs when I get caught up.

SawyerTed

Congratulations on the new iron!  Many more happy years of sawing to you!

I'm envious, my LT35HD is at Carolina WM and should be ready to go. It was a demo unit at the farm show last week.  I'm stuck here nursing a foot that required surgery.  Hopefully I can pick it up next week.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SawyerTed on February 06, 2018, 08:17:23 PM
Congratulations on the new iron!  Many more happy years of sawing to you!

I'm envious, my LT35HD is at Carolina WM and should be ready to go. It was a demo unit at the farm show last week.  I'm stuck here nursing a foot that required surgery.  Hopefully I can pick it up next week.

I saw it but didn't know it was yours. Still had sawdust on it.  :D

SawyerTed

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 06, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: SawyerTed link=topic=99431.msg1548873#msg1548873 date

I saw it but didn't know it was yours. Still had sawdust on it.  :D
/quote]

It is a sawmill after all!  It's supposed to have sawdust on it.  Maybe it's broken in a bit!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thank You Sponsors!