iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JB Griffin on February 10, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Theres no such thing as one blade that will do it all.

Depends on what zip code you saw in.
Until I got the higher horse power, 4° was all I needed.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

paul case

Frozen/ partially frozen is a whole different ball game!

They make you mow slow trying to figure whats going on!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Andries

PC - what is this partially frozen that you speak of?
You might mean that its frozen solid, edge to edge.
or top to bottom, also end to end .
All of the time.
Everyday for months, no?
How could a log possibly be un-frozen?

;)    :snowball:    ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

paul case

Frozen outside and not inside, or frozen inside and thawed outside.

It takes more time to freeze the whole log. then it takes more time to thaw the inside.

Make sense?
Or are you just saying your logs are always frozen?
Logsicles are not good.
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Andries

Logs ar frozen thru and through, six months of the year.
Logsicles are normal, ayup.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm sure some of you with these new diesel engines have had to re-gen by now.
My soot is at 16% right now.
I was wondering when it comes time to re-gen is there a warning, reminder, light flashing or what when its time to re-gen.

Thanks.

Southside

Just curious how many engine hours to get to 16%?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

Is there a way to take all the re-jen junk off ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Southside

Search for a delete kit for your engine.  It will basically consist of a computer adjustment / re-program and in some cases a blocker plate or other physical modification.  Word of caution - it's a lot like removing the tag on your mattress if you know what I mean.   ;D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

starmac

Well hopefully the engine is under warranty for a while at least, I believe I would hold up on the delete kit for the time being.

Delete kits are very popular up here, but come with a different set of problems, usually takes some computer program alterations too.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on February 11, 2018, 04:58:05 PM
Search for a delete kit for your engine.  It will basically consist of a computer adjustment / re-program and in some cases a blocker plate or other physical modification.  Word of caution - it's a lot like removing the tag on your mattress if you know what I mean.   ;D

Doing that will delete the warranty. Please send me your credit card number and the 3 digit number on the back.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: starmac on February 11, 2018, 05:06:03 PM
Well hopefully the engine is under warranty for a while at least, I believe I would hold up on the delete kit for the time being.

Delete kits are very popular up here, but come with a different set of problems, usually takes some computer program alterations too.

You're right Starmac,

Its like if I ask a question on getting a bank loan, 2 or 3 people wanna tell me how to rob a bank.  :D :D :D :D

DRIVES ME UP THE WALL!  :D :D :D
I ain't deleted nothing on my engine.  :D :D :D :D

Resonator

If its anything like my Kubota diesel, there should be a indicator light that would come on when it needs to do a regen. Then it would be revved up for a period of time, to build up heat and burn the soot out. When all else fails read the owners manual. ;)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Resonator on February 11, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
If its anything like my Kubota diesel, there should be a indicator light that would come on when it needs to do a regen. Then it would be revved up for a period of time, to build up heat and burn the soot out. When all else fails read the owners manual. ;)

Yes, the book says it takes about 30 minutes. i've cone this in my International forestry truck but I didn't see in the book how it would let me know. thanks.

Southside

@POSTON WIDEHEAD Maybe I read Peters question wrong, I was thinking he was asking about his engine, and I was replying to him. I have seen goats run up onto vehicles, but never a wall. I would not delete an engine under warranty either, but when it was up...
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on February 11, 2018, 06:53:14 PM
@POSTON WIDEHEAD Maybe I read Peters question wrong, I was thinking he was asking about his engine, and I was replying to him. I have seen goats run up onto vehicles, but never a wall. I would not delete an engine under warranty either, but when it was up...

You gotta remember, I've done been to  smiley_devil_trident  and back with that Kohler.

Peter Drouin

Be sure you take the mill outside so it won't burn down the barn with all the hot sparks coming out of it.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 11, 2018, 07:15:16 PM
Be sure you take the mill outside so it won't burn down the barn with all the hot sparks coming out of it.

:o :o :o

Southside

By the way - What kinda folks do you hang around with that they freely give advice on how to rob a bank?  :rifle:
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

AdamT

It will regen on its own. I think mine was between 60-70% the first time. the computer screen for the engine will say regen in process or something of that nature. Don't shut the mill off. Just run it as normal and keep operating.

I was at Woodmizer Friday getting the retrofit debarker installed and I asked them about it. He said at some point it will do a more thorough regen and you will not be able to saw. Just leave the engine running while it does it's thing. I guess you'll know when it happens bc I understood it that you wouldn't be able to engage the autoclutch. I could be wrong there but he said I won't be able to saw during the process.

In the diagnostics you can manually regen if you feel the need to. You can also cancel a regen, but only so many times and then it does a mandatory regen that you can't stop.

Our Volvo wheel loaders and Kubota skid steer have had nothing but problems with the regen system... not looking forward to it myself.

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

starmac

I do not know much about the new diesels, but my son in law worked for the cat dealer up on the slope for quite a while. 99% of their work was the new urea and regen systems, and he claimed 99% of that was operators manually keeping them from regenning, until they flat would not run anymore.

So from what teeny weeny bit I know, I wouldn't be manually keeping them from regenning  if at all possible.

As far as moving it outside to regen, I think with the engine mounted high up like on a mill, I would just make sure there is nothing combustible above it for a few feet.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: AdamT on February 11, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

Don't shut the mill off. Just run it as normal and keep operating.

I could be wrong there but he said I won't be able to saw during the process.

Uuuuuuh....OK.  :D
I did see where I can manually start a regen. I keep the screen showing soot buildup. Just trying to learn a time frame.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: starmac on February 11, 2018, 07:55:01 PM

he claimed 99% of that was operators manually keeping them from regenning, until they flat would not run anymore.

So from what teeny weeny bit I know, I wouldn't be manually keeping them from regenning  if at all possible.

As far as moving it outside to regen, I think with the engine mounted high up like on a mill, I would just make sure there is nothing combustible above it for a few feet.

This is true. Where I buy my filters locally at a Yanmar parts place, they said most of the problems come from workers NOT regening and by passing it.
They don't own the machine.
They are trying to meet a deadline
Down time is money.

Well NOT regening is diffidently money once the engine locks up.  :o :o :o

As far as the sparks during the process, being a firefighter I have extinguishers posted around and a water supply if I need it. A fire is always on my mind.

Thank You Sponsors!