iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

WHAT ??  Not loose stuff in the sawdust??  Have your horns fallen off or something??  That kinda thinking is wrong....just completely wrong.  You have broken some kind of law or code of ethics or something.  Don't know what yet, but you broke something.  This ain't right!!

You are gonna get strung up and Debarked with a fuse blowing backwards turning blade!!! 

I can't take any more of this.  Where is my medicine??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andries

Now, now Magicman, we'll start getting nervous about your well-being here.
WDH warned us about his FOIBLES, remember?
And you yourself advised the Goat not to trip his circuit breaker too often.
Keep that up and you may have to press re-set yourself, know what I'm sayin'?
:D   ;D   :D :D

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Magicman

Yes but not loosing his nuts in the sawdust ain't right.  Dem magnetic trays gotta go so he can suffer with the rest of us.  We gotta join together and rise up.  This is under the table cheating, that's what it is.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

HOLY SMOKES bat goat. Your sawmill is incredibly LOUD. GO Electric. save yer hearin.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

Ive got several of those trays around my place because we have a harbor freight twentyfive miles away!  Lotta of times they are a get one free with purchase of anything else. They are pretty handy.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2018, 10:31:22 PM
Ive got several of those trays around my place because we have a harbor freight twentyfive miles away!  Lotta of times they are a get one free with purchase of anything else. They are pretty handy.

That's exactly where they came from. Free!

Jeff

When things are right, you can buy one just so you can get anudder one! FREE!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2018, 10:34:53 PM
When things are right, you can buy one just so you can get anudder one! FREE!

Yep.....I got lots of tape measures.  ;D

Jeff

Yea, I got to many of them too. And about 4 multi-meters still in the packages.

Southside

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2018, 08:26:24 PM
I'd like to have one just because it looks good,

Magicman - Just remember each and every one of those display screens is connected to a sensor, then run through a computer, all on a rattling, bangin, smoking, farm sawmill machine (credit to Chris Ledoux - from down your way). So how many potential failure points does that add up to?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

When he is down and out (old saying) I hope that he remembers who his friends are. (country song)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2018, 10:57:14 PM
When he is down and out (old saying) I hope that he remembers who his friends are. (country song)

If this one don't work out...its an LT70 with a Volkswagen engine on it.  :D

Darrel

Ok, I've had my laugh for the night!  Good night! :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm going to bed too. Don't know why all y'all come dragging in so late on a Friday night.
smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping

Southside

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Quote from: Southside logger on February 16, 2018, 10:50:41 PM

Magicman - Just remember each and every one of those display screens is connected to a sensor, then run through a computer, all on a rattling, bangin, smoking, farm sawmill machine (credit to Chris Ledoux - from down your way). So how many potential failure points does that add up to?

If that's  the Chris Ledoux I know of, he was from Kaycee, WY and they are mighty proud AND jealous of him😊
Too many irons in the fire

redneckman

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2018, 09:28:27 PM
WHAT ??  Not loose stuff in the sawdust??  Have your horns fallen off or something??  That kinda thinking is wrong....just completely wrong.  You have broken some kind of law or code of ethics or something.  Don't know what yet, but you broke something.  This ain't right!!

My 44th birthday was in January.  My wife bought me a card that said on the front that "I was like the mighty oak"  Being a sawmill guy, I related to that.  Then, I opened it up and it said "just like the mighty oak, my nuts have dropped too".

I guess instead of getting freebie tape measures and multimeters at HF, I need to get some of those trays  and carry around with me. ;D

Southside

Quote from: barbender on February 16, 2018, 11:54:23 PM
Quote from: Southside logger on February 16, 2018, 10:50:41 PM

If that's  the Chris Ledoux I know of, he was from Kaycee, WY and they are mighty proud AND jealous of him😊

One and the same, but he was born on the shores of the Mississippi.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

John S

2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

paul case

Chris' story is a real neat one.

While he was rodeoing and singing on the side his mother would dub tapes 1 at a time and send with him to sell as well as mail order. He was a good cowboy but his fortune came when a recording outfit picked him up after hearing him on a home dubbed tape his mom made and sold via mail. He was a ballad singer and a good one. He had a mom that loved him and believed in him, like many of us do. My mom has a hand in all my successes. Here is my favorite C L song.

Chris LeDoux-This Cowboy's Hat - YouTube

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Resonator

"I'm much too young to feel this DanG old." - Ain't that the truth. :-\
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

barbender

Ahh, I see! He was a transplant, I didn't realize that. I guess I need to brush up on my Leduox facts 😊 I'm from that area originally and have family in Kaycee. In fact, one of my little cousins out there (I think he's 10)told me he's "in a pretty serious relationship with Chris Ledoux's granddaughter"😊 I guess she won't even let him talk to the other girls in Kaycee, which, since there's only about three other girls in town, probably isn't too big of a deal😁😂😂 BTW, if you are a person who is prone to dressing up and pretending you are a cowboy, Kaycee is not the place to do it. Thems real cowboys out there!!
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The wide head came in handy today.
Sawed this load of mixed woods....got him a good load.

I even sawed him 2 bundles of stickers.

We saved the best for last. This customer had a 26 - 1/4 diameter White Oak log about 4 foot long. The extra room to open up the throat on the saw came in handy.
He has 2 more logs in the 30-34 inch ranch we'll slab next week.

Here's the Oak.....turned out nice with a 4° sawing it.

Thank You Sponsors!