iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forklifts Are For Sissies

Started by Fla._Deadheader, April 07, 2005, 05:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Here's the latest Log Handling device to come outta necessity. Lots of times, we don't have access to the Backhoe where we are, so, we designed this little system. As you can see, it worked right outta the box. 8) 8) :D :D

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

moosehunter

Cool!
Necessity is the mother of all ....... log handling equipment....?
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

tnlogger

8) 8) harold what do ya like best

deadheading, sawing, or inventing  ???

your good at all three.  ;D
gene

Fla._Deadheader

I'm one of them there "Gets Bored easily" types ::) ::) ;D ;D :D :D

I just like doing things that make the brain work.  Can't get the hang of Espanol, though ?? ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Part_Timer

Thanks for the pics. 
     We were looking at putting a pickup truck crane on the side of the trailer but were not sure if it would work.  Figured if we mounted it in the middle on one side we could pick up the logs and then swing them around and onto the deck for transport to the mill. Now I have no douts.  Thanks
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Rockn H

That looks pretty handy, Fla.  I've got a hay spike for the back of my truck and have often thought of something along the lines of a winch operated wrecker wheel lift sort of thing for lifting logs myself.

Paschale

Very cool, FDH!   8)  Do you have any close-up pics of the device?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Brucer

Yeah, Harold, now that you've got our attention -- any details you'd care to share?

It looks like it plugs into the hitch receiver, but that's about all I can make out from the pictures.

I was just talking with a local fabricator this afternoon. He said he'd got one of those pickup cranes that are operated with a hydraulic jack. I asked him where it was, and he told me to look in the back of his pickup. Went over and had a look, and there it was lying on it's side in the back -- still attached to the bed of the pickup. He'd bolted it directly to the floor of the box, tried to lift an engine block at full extension, and ripped the floor right out  :(  "I guess I should have put in a reinforcing plate," he told me. Yep, guess he should have.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

UNCLEBUCK

That is very neat F.D.  . Looks like a gator or snake could be behind every tree down there, I think I would be afraid to get out of the truck . That is a neat lift !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Fla._Deadheader

Unclebuck, them critters is trained. They won't sneak up onya like them dreaded Snow Snakes.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!