iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band Wheel Crown?

Started by Kevin_H., January 27, 2005, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

I had to order some new parts for the ol' woodmizer so while I was at it I got some new b57 belts. The box showed up yesterday, opened it this morning and found the b57 belts had no crown to them?

Now I thought that the band wheel needed crown to keep the blade in place, I understood that one of the reasons for using the belts on the band wheels was so you never needed to have the wheels recrowned.

I called WM and asked "Whats up with the belts" I was told that some of the belts have crown some dont, It didnt really matter, what was important was that the belt didnt have a seam...

I put those puppies on this morning and everything appears to be working just fine, so I guess my real question is;

anyone else running flat band wheels?
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

D._Frederick

K-,

When the B size belt is forced into a size A belt pulley, it forces the middle of the belt to missform giving the need crown.

Kevin_H.

Well that's kinda interesting  :P I seem to recall all the other b57 and b56 belts having  a crown on them before I put them on...but than again there is a reason I have my name printed on all my shirts. ::)

My phone number is on there to, just incase I get lost and someone finds me...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Randy

I Put new B57's flat on my LT40 a couple weeks ago--Works Great! I also changed the alternator because my 60 something amp burnt out to the 105 amp(I Think). Big Mistake-------Now the engine will stall out sometimes when I am using The Hydralics------Anyone else have this problem? Sure do miss my 60 amp! Randy

WH_Conley

Glad you said that Randy, I was thinking of putting a bigger alternator on my mill, won't now

I get my belts from NAPA or Autozone, whichever I'm closest to.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!