iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sequoia Mills, a year later

Started by MartyTheMiller, March 29, 2016, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyTheMiller

If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will post an action photo.  We are cutting 11.5 inch wide by 4 inch thick stair treads.  Took me a while to figure out how to work it, but it is going strong.

Just getting started!

Ox

It is good that you're at long last in the dust.  I hope it works well enough that you'll start to forget the drama associated with this one.  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ga Mtn Man

There's nothing like being able to saw your own lumber at whatever size you need.  Looking good.  What species are you sawing?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

justallan1

It's good to see that you have it up and running.
Other than all of the drama that you had getting it, what's your opinion of the mill itself?

MartyTheMiller

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on March 30, 2016, 06:55:31 AM
There's nothing like being able to saw your own lumber at whatever size you need.  Looking good.  What species are you sawing?

That is noble fir.  20 years ago bought a Christmas tree farm, and many of the trees grew up very nicely.
Just getting started!

MartyTheMiller

Quote from: justallan1 on March 30, 2016, 08:33:05 AM
It's good to see that you have it up and running.
Other than all of the drama that you had getting it, what's your opinion of the mill itself?

I believe it is exactly what I expected, and does the job nicely for a $3500 mill.
Just getting started!

thecfarm

There!!! Now you are a sawing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!