iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I paid 2.94 last week.I stopped at a small country store on the way to work,3.04 on the way to work.Got to the big city 3.09-3.15.Small store was 3.04 all 4 days.I guess they bought it when it was cheap.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Johnson

I paid $1.08.7 per litre on Sunday thats about $4.95/Imp. gallon or 4.12/US. gallon, this today the price has jumped to 1.13.7 per litre which would be around $5.19/ Imp gallon or $4.30/Us gallon.

Bill

CLL

Well thanks to the yo -yo in Washington D.C., gas went over $3.00 and diesel is $3.39 today, with promises for gas to be $3.50 and diesel over $4.00 by mid summer. I don't understand how the oils companies(mostly owned by overseas countries) can get by with record profits every quarter and no one do anything. Whoops, yes I can, the president is from Texas.
Too much work-not enough pay.

beenthere

CLL
We will see how fast the price per gallon comes down when the new "yo-yo" goes to Washington...wonder if that is really the cause? 

At least it is not $12 a gallon as in Africa...or double what we pay in other countries.
Gas prices are comparable to prices we paid 50 years ago...when it was 30 cents and wages were  $1/hour. Maybe about the same as now... ::)

(I thought a yo-yo was a toy... ;D ;D ;D)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CLL

Beenthere, your probably right. The only thing that burns me, if we had kept our nose in our own business it would have been a lot better on the prices, my opinion. I firmly believe we should take care of our own first. We have enough problems without worrying about everyone elses.
Too much work-not enough pay.

StorminN

I paid $3.80 for diesel here last week.

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Ron Wenrich

Recent gas price increase is due to the refinary being down in Texas where they had the explosion.  It will be down for 2 months. 

Seems to me, with one less refinary, that there would actually be less oil demand, since you can't really sell to a refinary that can't use it.  That should make oil prices go down.  Gas prices would go up to reflect the lower supply.

Our prices went up 15¢ this past week.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

David Freed

I've heard lots of people blame people they don't like for the high gas prices. If you take the profits that the oil companies made and figure out how much profit per gallon they made, it works out to about $.10 per gallon. They are making record profits because we are buying more gas than ever in spite of the cost, not because they are raking in massive profits per gallon. Put the oil companies in a break even situation and prices will still be $3+ per gallon. The main reason prices are so high is because developing countries want more and more of the crude oil. The countries that have the oil are just selling to the highest bidder, one of which is the US because we the people are using so much gas and diesel. I own and drive a semi. My fuel bill can run as high as $1200 - $1500 per week, but I am not going to start blaming people that didn't cause it. Sorry for the rant, but I hear this all the time.

Ron Wenrich

I came up with distribution of costs from this site:  http://www.gravmag.com/oil.html  It happens to be a geology consulting firm.  This is the breakdown as of April, 2006.  A little dated, but probably still within the ballpark.  The basis is $2.65/gal.

Production costs:  33¢
Production profits:  95¢  These 2 are the crude costs, I believe.
Refining costs:  40¢
Refining profits:  10¢
Transportation costs:  12¢
Transportation profits:  9¢
Marketing costs:  4¢
Marketing profits:  4¢
Retailer costs:  8¢
Retalier profits:  8¢
Taxes:  25-85¢

According to that breakdown, nearly half is profit, with the bulk going to the producer of oil.  I imagine quite a bit of that production profit can be blamed on the run up of crude prices.  It costs the same to get a $30 barrel oil out of the ground as it does a $100 barrel of oil.  Profits would vary substantially.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

stonebroke

Brad_S.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Richard

:( :( :( smiley_eek_dropjawI had to go to town this afternoon and when I came pass the Country Store the price of Diesel Fuel was $3.99.The last time I was in town the price was $3.87.I guess that means everything is going to go up.Gas is $3.36.Richard                   

breederman

Where are you located Richard/ I see that it is around Walton, you are in my neck of the woods.
Together we got this !

highpockets

You know I see these discussions on oil company profits and our government controlling prices, etc. all of the time.  I want to think that people really know better but need a place to dispense their anger.  I to hate to pay the kind of prices we are having to pay but I do understand supply and demand. 

I managed rigs drilling in The Ghawar Field in 1977.  These kinds of fields are not known on earth anymore.  They are being exploited are a massive rate.  Many people are talking peek oil production.  The answer in every country is to slow down.  Walk to the mailbox.  Stay home, burn less.  Here is so interesting reading.  http://www.searchanddiscovery.net/documents/2004/afifi01/index.htm

It is serious folks.  I spent 42 years around the world looking for more oil. Where is it?
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Blue Sky

Boy.  You folks got it easy.  Here in Western Mass. diesel went from $3.53 to $3.80 overnight a week ago, just after that explosine down in Texas.  Regular gas went from $2.94 to $3.09 during same time.  Like they need more $   

stonebroke

we are still at 3.35$ in central NY. I guess that is the only good thing about our price never going down is that it takes longer for it to go up.

Stonebroke

solodan

SwampDonkey

The Irving refinery in Saint John, here in NB supplies about 20 % of the US imports and they are working at building a second one. I think about 90 % of the oil for the refinery comes from outside of Canada. It will continue to come from those poor countries because it's cheaper to get. Also there is lots of foreign investment in those tar sands in Alberta. If the price dropped to $30/barrel that would stop that up over night. I doubt that will happen, since a lot of that investment comes from the US.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

Last Saturday, I needed to fill my fuel tank in the pickup with diesel and drove past a number of stations and decided on the return trip to fill at the cheapest one. Most all were exactly the same price, which is unusual. But the Murphy station at the Walmart store was at $3.579 and that was two cents cheaper plus they honor competitors coupons and I had some 4 cents off coupons. So when I came back about two hours later, I stopped to fill up. Takes 95-100 gallons for the tank in the back and up to 34 gallons for the pickup.

But when I got back the price had gone up two cents to $3.599. So when I paid, I said something to the attendant about the increase and he said "I did not do it."  So I asked how it was changed and he told me it is all done by satellite from the main office. Thru the satellite they update the price directly at each pump and the sign out front. I wonder if the updates come directly from Saudi Arabia?

Ain't this new technology great!!!   :)

Here in Minnesota they now have a web site called Minnesotagasprices.com where people report actual prices at the pump so you can easily find the lowest prices in your area. I use it all the time.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Prices are regulated here and changed weekly if warranted. Since they have been doing that we have had some of the cheapest in Canada. Before ours was much higher and we live by the largest refinery in the country. I guess they figured we had to subsidize the trucking and shipping out of the province.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

highpockets

I think that Obama or Yo Mama will probably get into office and immediately call China and tell them to stop making cars. 

China's need for energy is projected to increase by 150 percent by 2020. to sustain its growth China requires increasing amounts of oil. Its oil consumption grows by 7.5% per year, seven times faster than the U.S.'
Growth in Chinese oil consumption has accelerated mainly because of a large-scale transition away from bicycles and mass transit toward private automobiles, more affordable since China's admission to the World Trade Organization. Consequently, by year 2010 China is expected to have 90 times more cars than in 1990. With automobile numbers growing at 19% a year, projections show that China could surpass the total number of cars in the U.S. by 2030.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

stonebroke

still 3.35$ a gal in central NY

Stonebroke

StorminN

I got careless and got on the wrong side of town with an empty diesel tank... pulled into a station I normally don't go to, because they are pricey... got out of the rig and walked around to the pump, only to find this!

Holy cow!

I pumped one gallon, and then drove the couple of miles to my normal station, where the price was $3.55 a gallon (the cheapest here now).

-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Fla._Deadheader

$1.50 a gallon and soon to get cheaper  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

stonebroke

up to3.37$ a gal in CNY

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!