iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TW

The income tax is graduated both in Finland and Sweden. Tax is paid to state and municipality. The total percentage I gave was only roundabout, I think it was too low. It is hard for me to know excactly because I work only part time and study engineering part time.

The high taxes is the reason for that we can have
- No school fees
- Cheap health care
- Social security
and so on

jon12345

Ok for the conversions/income, but what is the average cost of living?  Do you guys in other countries, UK, Sweden, Finland have as much tax on your fuel or have as far to drive to work?  Is meat, dairy products, produce cost as much over there  ???

One of the local counties here decided to limit their tax on gas at .08/gallon as long as it is over 2$   Thanks guys  :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Ron Wenrich

My understanding is that the mass transit is a whole lot better over there.  And I would certainly exchange the Autobahn for any road we have in our state.  It seems that we build our world around the car and not the people. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DoubleD

Well it depend living is costing more everyday.
Meat : 2.2 pounds of beef cost between $ 6.40 and $19.40 depend of the "cut" you choose
Bread: 2.2 pounds cost around $ 6
Milk: 0.26 gals cost $ 1.48
On fuel we have every kind of tax we are currently paing a tax to finance the Ethiopia war ended in the 1936  :o >:(  :-X go figure
Wannabe a sawmiller

Ron Wenrich

They just got rid of a phone tax that they've been collecting here in the States that helped pay for the Spanish-American war in 1898.   :)

DoubleD

Ron W  :o :o :o
the problem for Italy is that the Italian governament doesn't care to get rid of these taxes the Ethiopia war was only one example because there so many old taxes on gas that I don't remenber some other are a tax to pay the peace-keeping in Bosnia the earthquake in East Italy happened 25 years ago ect... :-[ :-[ :-[ .
BTW what is the average cost of living across the pond both USA and Canada?
and for sure even from other country since the FF is World wide
Wannabe a sawmiller

Ron Wenrich

Here's some things I've found that may help you out.  This is for central Pennsylvania:

Regular gas is $2.75/gal. 
Potatoes - $.70/lb
Provolone cheese - $6/lb
Whole chicken - $1.49/lb
Beef - $2-$12/lb, depending on cut
Shrimp - $5-$9/lb, depending on size
Apples - $.79/lb
Milk - $3.50/gal
Eggs - $1.50/doz

You can buy "bread" for about $1.50 per loaf, but it wouldn't be the kind you're used to.  The good bakery bread is about $2.50/loaf.  That's probably the kind you get.

The stuff in our center aisles of the store is our industrial foods.  Mass produced and low in quality, in my opinion.  Taste is often lacking, unless you like salt or sugar.   :D  Its best to skip this section, for the most part.

treecyclers

In north central AZ, here's some examples:

Regular gas is $3.09/gal.
Potatoes - $..68/lb
Provolone cheese - $6/lb
Whole chicken - $.99/lb
Beef - $2.75-$12.50/lb, depending on cut
Apples - $1.29/lb
Milk - $3.20/gal
Eggs - $1.50/doz

Cost of living?
I bought my home a year ago, and paid $133,500 for it.
IT has 2.6 acres, an 1100 SF manufactured home, 1200 SF shop, 150 sf storage building, and a pump house. It's nothing special, but it's mine.
The kicker is that, I had it appraised about 2 months ago, and the appraisal was $231,500.
One year, and it has appreciated 100K. That's NUTS!
In reality, I couldn't afford to purchase anything even remotely close to this today, even making $60K.
But, dating an RN does have it's advantages...especially since she's "Take my breath away" cute and smart! Oh, and that Alabama accent......makes me weak in the knees!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Randall

Regular Gas $2.90 in North Idaho.

treecyclers

If the price increases keep going, I'll have to get a dog to pimp out just to pay for diesel!
Let's see....english bulldog pups...$2500 each....4-6 to a litter...that might pay for diesel for hte year!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Furby

Well prices for regular unlead are at $2.69, less around town I'm told.
Trying to figure out how we can shut down an oil field and have prices drop. smiley_headscratch
Diesel prices haven't moved though at about $3.09.

Anyone looked at the begining of this thread in a while?

VA-Sawyer

Yes, Furby, I just went back and read the first page. I can't believe all the people complaining about fuel at about 2.20 - 2.40/gal. Now they would be cheering if it got to those same numbers. I myself just made a comment the other night to Shirley about finding Premium at about $3.00/gal and thinking that was at least reasonable! Hard to believe how our attitude can change in a year. I keep hearing we should expect $5.00/gal by end of the year. I hope they are wrong, but I seem to remember these same sources predicting $3.00/gal gas a year ago. 
I guess I need to consider raising my rates again.  Maybe I will do something like the banks. Instead of linking my rates to the prime interest rate, I will link them to the Premium fuel rate!
VA-Sawyer

Jeff

As soon as Iran thumbs its nose at the U.N. and sanctions are really envisioned by the powers that be, watch out. This drop is simply the same thing we see before every dramatic price rise. Its the step in our training process. Make us crazy about the large increase and thankful for the small decrease. Being brainwashed with gasoline.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tcsmpsi

I am almost daily amazed at the folks I run into, some who are otherwise pretty sharp, who haven't figured that out yet, Jeff.   That has been the standard oil game the last 30+ years.

At the moment, my gasoline stop is 2.79 for unlead.  I never look at the diesel (tractor) price, just pump it. 

Any day, I look for UPS to go up on shipping and increase their fuel surcharge.  That's a daily expenditure here.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

tnlogger

I just filled the van for pats trip to maine 30 gal 83.70  th elast time I filled it it was over 100.00  :)
gene

solodan

Diesel has been at $3.29 in my area for about 4 months. premium I think is about $3.59. Running the sawmill and my saws have become a major expense I used to over look. I continue to raise my prices. I called about buying a shipping container, and I was quoted $1400 for the box, but $700 for the delivery. :o

woodbowl

Quote from: solodan on August 23, 2006, 11:51:41 PM
I called about buying a shipping container, and I was quoted $1400 for the box,

Where do you call to see about buying a container?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

asy

http://www.royalwolf.com.au/

that's where I got my shipping container from. I paid about $1000aud, plus $99aud delivery. Don't forget that's about $850usd.

It's not in perfect condition, but it's sure watertight and it locks, which was all I was worried about. Not much rust at all, and freshly painted inside and out.

Do a google search for 'Shipping container sales' and you should find something in your area.

Royal Wolf have a US branch too: http://www.royal-wolf.com/

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Raphael

Diesel in NH: $3.099
Diesel in CT: $3.179
Diesel in NY: $3.259
-- Guess where I just filled up.  ::)

Reg. Unleaded in CT: $3.199
Premium         in CT: $3.499

Gas w/o Ethanol: must be priceless because I haven't found it yet.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Phorester

Gas prices in my area are around $2.69 for regular.  One station has it for $2.56.

jkj

Quote from: woodbowl on August 24, 2006, 12:15:43 AM
Quote from: solodan on August 23, 2006, 11:51:41 PM
I called about buying a shipping container, and I was quoted $1400 for the box, but $700 for the delivery.
Where do you call to see about buying a container?

Yikes, I paid about $60 for delivery.  Instead of a steel shipping container, I actually bought a big aluminum 8x45'x9'h tractor-trailer trailer (how do you say that?) flat on the bottom with the wheels removed.  The advantage of the aluminum instead of steel is I can forget about it and not worry about the top rusting through. 

Look in your yellow pages under storage containers or look for a phone number on the side of one you see on a construction site (that's what I did).  Around here I found several companies that rent and sell - one of their biggest rental customers is Walmart which rents a huge number for Christmas lay-a-ways every year.  Just after Christmas there is a big selection to pick from in a wide variety of condition. 

I got one in good shape with new doors for about $1600.  I used 1/2 of it as a garage for my tractor for a while which fit inside nicely even with the ROPS up.  I wish I had the cash for a second one.

JKJ
LT-15 for farm and fun

Radar67

I just got back from Atlanta (what a disappointment), paid $2.67 on the Army Post. It was $2.77 in the surrounding area. Here at home it is $2.79. All of these were regular unleaded.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Mooseherder

Seems like we have the beginnings of a Gas Price War in Central Palm Beach county.
It all started with one station lowering their price to 2.71 from 309.9. This station had competition across the street and it was having a slow business day. It was a local news story. Made everyone else in the area lower their prices. I was passing through there yesterday. The sign read 2.67.9 :)   Now I'll bet Palm Beach county has 30 Gas Stations at the 2.69.9 price.  20 miles to the north in Jupiter, it was 319.9 yesterday.
Was reading a story on the Bangor Daily news online. There was a wealthy individual who bought a gas station somewhere in a small coastal town and was selling a little over cost and was getting all the business.  He even got the town Police fuel contract.
It forced Irving to match the price.  The Store Manager said the extra traffic was great for their other convenience items in the Store which made for profitability.

Faron

Gas $2.599 this weekend in Otwell IN
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

beenthere

Faron
That's 40 cents lower than in Wisconsin. Not sure why there should or could be such a wide gap in price per gallon.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!