iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Christmas Card--TV Movie

Started by Sixacresand, November 30, 2019, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

We watched The Christmas Card, a 2006 TV movie, which was set at a sawmill.  The IMDb trivia page says "The lumber mill is privately owned and is located just outside the Grass Valley/Nevada City area off of Ridge Rd at the bottom of Mountaineer Trail.  I believe this is in California.  Anybody been there or a Forum Member associated with this mill?  Just curious. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

scsmith42

I've seen that movie too and always look forward to watching it every holiday season.  Cool looking sawmill operation.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Sixacresand on November 30, 2019, 10:29:01 AMI believe this is in California.
Yes it is.  No, not affiliated but saw and liked the movie.  I've driven on highway 20 right past them several times no knowing they were there.  Might have to stop in and have a look one day.  They are in snow now with this series of storms coming through.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!