iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jambalaya

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2012, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Gonzales, La., in addition to having a Cabela's, Don's Seafood Restaurant, and a nice outlet shopping mall, also claims to be the Jambalaya capitol of the world.

I personally favor Gumbo, Crawfish Pie, and Etouffee', but I have never turned down a plate of Cajun Jambalaya.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

I just had to Google crawfish pie. Man there was a pile of recipes. What is a crawfish?  eh eh A little lobster?

Magicman

Their name is pronounced as crayfish by folks that don't know how to correctly pronounce crawfish.  They are a freshwater creature that thrive in muddy bottomed waters.  And yes, they are large clawed like a lobster, but not much larger than large shrimp.  Their tails are small as compared with their bodies.

Do a forum search for "crawfish" and you will be wishing for a tray of mudbugs.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Crawfish (in LA) is a small freswater crustacean, kinda like a shrimp, but different.  Looks like a lobster from NE US. Taste is different.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

Posted same time as you, MM. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Here is a LINK to this years Crawfish Party.   :)

Den Socling

It sure takes a mess of those critters to make a party! I'm not to sure about sucking the heads, though.  ::)

Weekend_Sawyer

Oh I'm sure about it. I'm sure I ain't doin it. :o
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Planman1954

When I was about 8 years old, (I'm 58 now), my parents took us kids down to south Louisiana to visit my uncle in Morgan City. I remember we were outside at a restaurant sitting in a covered area with picnic tables. All of a sudden, and totally unexpected by me, a lady walked up and dumped a bucket of red crawfish on the table. I was scared, and shocked! They just looked like something from a horror movie to me! That was my first introduction to crawfish...and needless to say, I did NOT touch any of them. I love them today, though.

I fix jambalaya all the time (my version anyway.) I like the chicken and sausage type. It tastes better the second day after being left in the refg. overnite. I guess the flavors marinate and come together.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Weekend_Sawyer

Jambalaya is a great dish for using your imagination and leftovers. :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!