iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 330 knuckleboom?

Started by Kemper, May 15, 2020, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemper

Do any of you guys run a timberjack 330 knuckleboom? I'm working on one that hasn't run in 6 years or so. The hydraulic controls seem different from what I'm used to working on. 

kiko

There where two versions of the 330. Does it have one hydraulic tank or and upper and lower tank?

Kemper

It only has the one (100 gallon tank) I believe. 

kiko

That is a simple three section gear pump set up with a separate pilot pump for joystick control.  What kind of info are you looking for?

Justalogger

I got one it's a good machine been flawless so far for the 2 years I have had it. I've got a book on it if you need me to look Up something. 

Kemper

I've got it running now, I'm afraid it didn't have enough hydraulic oil in the tank for all the functions to work. The motor seems great, but they hydraulics are still a little rough. I'm guessing there may still be some air in the lines. Is the rocker switch on the right hand joy stick for the bucksaw? It's got for hoses for the bucksaw hook up, my barko only has 3. If you run one, id love to see how you're hooked up. Thanks. 

Kemper

I've got it running now, I'm afraid it didn't have enough hydraulic oil in the tank for all the functions to work. The motor seems great, but they hydraulics are still a little rough. I'm guessing there may still be some air in the lines. Is the rocker switch on the right hand joy stick for the bucksaw? It's got for hoses for the bucksaw hook up, my barko only has 3. If you run one, id love to see how you're hooked up. Thanks. 

Justalogger

Just 3 lines to the saw. Mine also had the delimber I just capped off them lines. Threw the delimber away. Yes right side joy stick runs the saw. I changed out my hydraulic oil after buying it and put new filters in the tank made a big difference 

Thank You Sponsors!