The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Weibang 6ton electric hydrolic log splitter  (Read 443 times)

Offline AndyW

• Member*
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
Weibang 6ton electric hydrolic log splitter
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:14:24 AM »
Hi everyone newby here.
I have been playing at living here in south of France burning wood for heating for 5 years.  I brought a splitter for the wife's  birthday after the first year due to my back.  I have now seen the light as the logs are in the forest and my splitter is in the village
.  Long story short I now have a Renault  super 6 Tractor 1965 and want to put the splitter on the back,  the super 6 has a hydraulic flow of 14 l P M but I can not find any information regarding the splitter.  

Question   will I need a hydraulic pump from the PTO to replace the electric  pump  or just tap into Tractor hydraulic  supply via the two hoses to the rear lift.  If anyone can supply information fact sheet or PDF on log splitter I would be greatfull.

Thanks for any help in advance 8)

Andy W

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Weibang 6ton electric hydrolic log splitter
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
Welcome!! In my opinion that is a lot of work for little gain, a 6 ton splitter is not worth the effort. The ones I have seen would grenade hooked up to tractor hydraulics without some kind of pressure regulator.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »
You will find that the more of the work you try to do in the woods, the less your yields will be per day.  Say you can cut and drag a cord of logs in a day.  If you need to buck and split it out in the woods than youll probably be down to 1/3 of a cord coming home per day.  Just making up numbers.  

The splitter is one more thing to fiddle with out in the bush.  Youve got to pack all your gear up, go to the woods, do as much work as you can and then bring it all home and put it all away each day. need more gas and bar oil, more chain sharpening, more bending down to pick stuff up and get thorns or poison ivy or roll an ankle.   I personally do much better bringing short logs home and leaving them right on the trailer.  My splitter is next to a log deck and never moves.  Time saved in my opinion.

If my splitter blows a house i just shut it off and do something else.  If my quad breaks, the last thing i want to leave out there overnight is my splitter in addition to my quad or tractor.
Psalm 37:16

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:43:41 AM »
Andy welcome.  are you a native of France, or moved there.  I agree with getting the tractor to pull and move the logs/tree.  could however get and inverter and run it off the tractor battery if needed, or if you plan to make the base of operation in an area without electricity.  any pics of the tractor and splitter would be nice.  what accessories are on the tractor?  loader?  If you are serious, could begin collecting parts to make a bigger splitter for the tractor.  what sizes and kinds of wood are available.  I do not live in the south of France! :)
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
looks like that is a 2 ton, 40 hp tractor.  do you know the voltage?  should be able to pull some wood or a trailer.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Weibang 6ton electric hydrolic log splitter

Started by chet on Forestry and Logging

0 Replies
Last post May 19, 2020, 09:21:02 AM
by chet
xx
Electric log splitter

Started by doctorb on Firewood and Wood Heating

61 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 04:57:59 AM
by Al_Smith