iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere Winch - identification and service questions

Started by catfishhunter, May 17, 2020, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfishhunter

Hi All - I have a JD winch on a 1979 Tree Farmer, I was curious how you can tell which model it is, 3305 or 3325. The guy I bought it from said it's a 30k lb pull winch common to 540B. 

the swivel fitting had leaked and soaked the brake band so swapped it with another. I feel like it's not set up right, pulls out pretty hard. I saw that @BargeMonkey had some pics from a manual, that would be super helpful. I still need to get some more time on it, but it also may be slipping a little on some loads so I'm guessing I'm going to have to pull that cover and see what is happening. There was a small drip from the brake release cylinder.

It seems like a real pain to get a wrench on the lock nut and adjuster with the springs where they are, any tricks/tips on that one?

BargeMonkey

Don't quote me... a 3305 and 15 had an external line on the left side, and quite a bit smaller. A 3325 isn't bad and probably what you have if it's off a 540B. I can text you the winch section of the book, you need to make 3x wrenches up for setting them up right, I've got my wrenches in the box and can post a picture. 

catfishhunter

I tried to PM you, hopefully it worked, let me know if you don't see it and I'll give it another crack. What size wrenches need to be modified? I'll find some old ones... A pic of yours would be great, thanks for the help!

Thank You Sponsors!