iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler E-2300 Door Gasket

Started by Vermonter, February 09, 2021, 10:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonter

I couldn't find anything recent on this, so I'll ask....
I've had an e-2300 for about 10 years now.  To be fair, I've got a lot of heat out of it with fairly normal maintenance.  I recently replaced the fusion combustor and installed the stainless air plates on the sides.  I've been replacing the door gasket every couple of years.
I've been waiting for a new door gasket for almost three months.  I tried installing a 1" fiberglas rope gasket, and it wouldn't seal the way it should (smoking with the damper closed and overheating).
My dealer might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I started calling around for another gasket, and was told three different stories;
1. Central can't get these due to covid
2. They discontinued the gasket (NLA) and are selling a 3/4" square rope gasket to replace it
3. They are shipping the silicone gaskets, but slowly

I'm not sure where the truth is, but I ordered a silicone coated 7/8" rope seal from a dealer in Wisconsin.  I got the impression that it might work, but that he couldn't recommend it.
Anyone have any luck with this replacement?

New homestead

Vermonter

Update; This rope seal from Twinwaters energy worked great as a replacement door gasket.  I used just a little over 8', and removed a bit of covering on the inside of the corners to make a tighter corner.
New homestead

hedgerow

Glad to hear you found a gasket material that would work. With this virus thing getting parts and information can be a issue. 

sublime68charger

thanks for posting up a get around fix hopefully others may find the information use full!

Thank You Sponsors!