iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum YouTube Channel

Started by Tam-i-am, April 13, 2021, 10:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Very excited to see Jeff expand the Forestry forum with a YouTube channel!  

I always enjoy going to the Pig Roast and meeting members and am looking forward to being able  to tour/see their mill yards!

Love the new banner!  

Hope the channel is a big success!

Tammy

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Magicman

Absolutely!!  I often talk about my creek flooding, bridges washing out, the Cabin, etc.  I looked and there were videos showing examples of everything.  I'm cracking up looking at some of the other stuff.

This video channel details Jeff's family history as well as the past 20+ years of the Forestry Forum.  I am proud to have been a part of it for the past ~12 years.   :)

Thanks Jeff.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Took a few times for the banner to cycle through, but I got it. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Thank you Tammy and Lynn. I'm finding out that this is a lot of work, but work I can do. Coding webpages just isnt possible any more for me. My mind is not what it once was, and it stumbles where it never used to. I can see it in the videos, but in the videos it comes off as a mannerism, where is a stumble while coding is like having your whiteboard erased if you look away.  :)

Also I am seeing a pattern. Forums are not what they once were. While the forestry forum is as strong and active as ever, the rest of the world is still moving to other platforms to give and get knowledge and entertainment. Ive found since we dumped cable, we watch more youtube on tv then anything. Heck, one of my favorite shows is some dude in Tennessee making videos with a sawmill. Thankyou  @123maxbars for the awesome inspiration.  :)

Hopefully we can get the youtube Channel to where it can be self supportive and I can afford some better equipment. I know the quality aint great, but I think its okay. I have a 15 year old sony handycam about the size of a baseball.  We had 487 subscribers by accident as of Monday. My only use of youtube coming into this was simply to stick videos mostly for use here, and those subscribers are organic.

We need to get to 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of content viewed before youtube considers monetization.  

Can we do it?   8)

I gotta get busy!

Bruno of NH

I'm very excited for the channel. 
Watched the launch this morning.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

The guy in Tennessee is a very good fella.
I spend more time watching U tube myself. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Robert has some very nice stuff on U tube as well. 
Mr YH

firefighter ontheside

LOve it and I enjoyed the first video.  Even more so looking forward to the pig roast.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

This is a rabbit hole of epic proportions. Why I didn't know it was there before is beyond me, but I'm subscribed now. I have to get loaded and off to a job site, but I can see lots of viewing. There is a lot of good stuff and laugh generators in there. Good stuff! You are up to 516 subscribers so far.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Wudman

I watch an occasional video on YouTube, but have never subscribed to a channel.  This will be my first.   ;D

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

jb616

looking forward to what's next!  You know that bolt on the 8n wasn't going to be metric! I will be subscribing when I get to my home computer.  I think you will do great as a Youtuber and we never get tired of listening to a great storyteller (Jeff).  I spend (too) many hours watching videos as I have sworn off the networks. Best wishes and will see you at the Pig Roast! Would love to see videos like MM showing his magic on the mill and many other members who have a wealth of knowledge. 

Jeff

If you look through the channel, there is a video where Magicman and I go for a golf cart ride through his woods. Just raw unproduced video, which I have scads of. Future stuff (mostly :D) will be produced.

There is also come older neat stuff that I put up from old vcr films, that youtube blocked because they had copyrighted background music. I plan on reworking those.  @Paul_H   can give you me a background again on the Conner logging videos from the late 50s and 60s? Those are the ones. I can update the music on them and reupload now as one video instead of 6. Back when we did it, youtube had a time limit. like 8 or 10 minutes.

Breezybrzez

Jeff, in that youtube video on the trail ride with mm.... What kind of tree is that you're sampling? I'm just a northern guy whos never seen any pyrimid bark like that! 

Magicman

In our rush to find a Toothache tree, we mistakenly stopped at that Hackberry.  The lack of taste verified our goof up.   :-X

This is the Toothache tree that we were looking for.

And this is the reaction that I was looking for!!  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

mike_belben

Jeff you will learn fast.  Growing the channel will be easy with your FF web presence.  Pretty thumbnails, quick editing [i use cap n cut on my phone, very powerfull and easy to learn] and proper tags will generate an organic growth on youtube.  You want the youtube studio app for the analytics.. There is an amazing amount of data there and itll help you understand what your audience responds to, where they come from and how to grow.   

I am absolutely convinced that the largest financial potential on earth for the average person today is youtube, which is scary since all the wrong people are getting huge influence it seems.  I dont like how addicted my kids are or the stupid antics that generate views but i figure all i can do is combat it by generating practical, helpful, educational content like what im sure you will do.  It sure doesnt go viral like a cat smelling farts or something though.  Dont let that part discourage you.  I have so many vids to stitch together and upload but always 10 things in the way. 
Praise The Lord

jmouton

i dont really know how to subscribe to you-tube,,,i have watched videos ,,,so i may need some help, what do i do,,,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on April 14, 2021, 05:44:03 PMDid we get that on video?
No but if we had the video would have spat it out too!!  :D

Barebuttminer

Hi Jeff
Barebuttminer has subscribed to your channel and is looking forward to upcoming videos.
Wood-Mizer LT15, John Deer 450C Dozer, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Stihl 009

Jeff

Thankyou Bbm!

@Magicman , you just gave me an idea...

Jeff

How often would you guys like to see a new video? 

AK Newbie

Given the amount of work it takes to create interesting content, and then to edit and fine tune the delivery I would think one a week would be a great place to start.  I suspect we have some forum members who might have a hidden talent in sharing information and entertaining at the same time.  We certainly have an abundance of talent in many different walks of life.  As they discover their talent to create videos and start to contribute perhaps you could increase the number of weekly videos.  Just one humble opinion...
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

mike_belben

Youll generally see 1 to 2 per week from those making a living off ad revenue.  Without new vids your analytics numbers drop off and probably make your channel less suitable to advertisers.  

"Search engine optomization" will unlock a world of info for you. 
Praise The Lord

DbltreeBelgians

Just watched the video, liked and subscribed. Awesome job Jeff. 

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!