iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Go for a ride with me in the U.P.!

Started by Jeff, May 01, 2021, 11:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Climb on, lets go! Everyone of you is invited to climb and tour the front 20 acres of our 43 in da U.P.!  Driver is Wildflower or me. Your choice. LETS GO!

@SwampDonkey look at about 14:48 for the stake on the left. You can see one of the butternut saplings still trying to make it!

Come on let's go! You and I are going for a ride, SIDE BY SIDE! A U.P. Trail ride. I LOVE DA U.P.! - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

How's it doing Jeff? I couldn't tell from the image quality. I watched your vid yesterday. smiley_thumbsup

Was cutting firewood this morning and a new trail and got some extra spruce rails for the wet crossings on my main trail.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing. Neat looking place. I'm kind of envious to see that much relatively flat land.

The distortion from the lens at 3:00 and 9:00 made the trees seem to curve as you passed them but looked a little unnerving when you'd drive pass one of your deer/moose blinds and the the uprights seemed to curve making them look unstable. :D

Have you had recent rains or melting snow or is the water in the trails normal from marshy ground?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Much of this land in the front is abandoned farm land in the 40s. 3 weeks before the video, there was 3ft of snow there.  Come up, ill show you in person.  :)

thecfarm

I will have to take a rain check on the ride. Not a good connection this morning. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

thecfarm

Thanks for the ride!!
Abandoned farm land? I live on that right here every day. But I have stone walls to prove it. I did not even see a rock on your land!! Nice straight trails at times too. I have no idea what that is like.  ;D  Looks like 3 shooting houses?
Someone said we got 4 feet of snow here. But not much more than a foot of snow was on the ground at any time here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Ray, counting the ground blinds, there are 6 currently huntable. We've got rocks, in piles, there is also the remains of a stone fence on the east line. These rocks were piled eons ago. Ill have to get some pics of how weathered the piles are.  The straight lanes are shooting lanes. Traverse paths leading to fields all wind.

Jeff

Im going to try and do a companion drone video, where we travel the same trails, with the drone following us smoothly from above.  Oh! We invested in a drone like @123maxbars uses. So far I've not flown it. This ought a end well... ;)

123maxbars

Quote from: Jeff on May 02, 2021, 09:20:50 AM
Im going to try and do a companion drone video, where we travel the same trails, with the drone following us smoothly from above.  Oh! We invested in a drone like @123maxbars uses. So far I've not flown it. This ought a end well... ;)
its almost impossible to crash, you will be ok!
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Tacotodd

nyuck nyuck nyuck. @Jeff just when you thought it was safe to go back to your dreams.
Trying harder everyday.

21incher

Jeff if you plan on using drone footage on YouTube videos the FAA requires a part 107 license if you have any intention of monetizing videos or using the videos to enhance your  channel I was warned. I now have a useless  drone because it takes time to study for and take the test. Now they are saying it even applies to non monetized videos also and they have agents scanning  YouTube contacting channels. Just  something you may want to be aware of. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

Yeoutch that seems counter from what I was thinking I was understanding. I was understanding commercial use is when you use the drone to create a product for someone else. I'm not selling videos, although we all hope we can make something that informs or entertains. Im sure youtube world is far more complex than I may be able to grasp.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: 21incher on May 05, 2021, 08:24:07 PM
Jeff if you plan on using drone footage on YouTube videos the FAA requires a part 107 license if you have any intention of monetizing videos or using the videos to enhance your  channel I was warned. I now have a useless  drone because it takes time to study for and take the test. Now they are saying it even applies to non monetized videos also and they have agents scanning  YouTube contacting channels. Just  something you may want to be aware of.
Wow. Plus you need the FFA for anything your going to use in your business or someone else's 

Jeff

Looks like my dyslexia is going to be ultimatly challenged. I was never great in school. Thankyou @21incher for the heads up.:)

thecfarm

I was never great in school either. I see some of my teachers come into the store. I apologize for being so numb!!!  I think I drove a couple into early retirement.  ;D
Would not surprise me about that rule for youtube. Lots have changed in a few years with them.

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on May 06, 2021, 07:24:18 AM
Looks like my dyslexia is going to be ultimatly challenged. I was never great in school. Thankyou @21incher for the heads up.:)
I can let you know, my son is currently getting ready to get his "pilot's license" for his job in surveying. He is ADD and refuses to take the Adderall Koolaid....

Jeff

What I want to know is scenarios like, say you hire someone to fly for you, someone that has a license does it, and you use that footage they provide to you... Then what?  Say if I wanted to invest in my son to get the license and he did the flying when I needed it?  

21incher

That should  work. It's a big gray area in the FAA's laws that many ignore. I think  you would  just have him sign off the pre flight list and give him credit  in the description.  In a couple  years the remote ID also starts and you will  need a internet connection to take off and your flight path along with  name and address will be broadcasted on line and to other aircraft. They are still working out the final  details.  Amazon and UPS want to basically  have control over airspace for deliveries. There are some  good YouTube videos on the subject. The FAA is not an agency you want to have to fight because  they have unlimited lawyers and funding.  May never be an issue but posting  as the Forestry forum could complicate things on the business classification if you are contacted. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!