iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Channel?

Started by Octoman, September 28, 2005, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octoman

I have been in the States for just over a week now.  I have a fair amount of free time during the day and have been watching a bit of television.  I can't seem to find a forestry Channel out of the 300 at my disposal! :o  There should be a Forestry Forum channel!! :).  Has there ever been anything like this on television?  I have just been watching American Chopper on Discovery, great programme!  Surely there is the demand for something similar, "Extreme Sawmilling!" for example! :D :D 
Have any of the FF members ever featured on television?  A camera crew would have a wild time visiting the FF members and putting a series together!  The forum sponsors could jointly cover the costs of the series and then its free advertising for the custom sawyers, timber framers, for example, that they visit! 8)
WM LT 15 - Fortune favours the Brave!

beenthere

Hmmm?  You must have been busy on Saturday morning last.....I'm sure we were on then.... :D :D

Now, get away, far far away from that TV thing.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paschale

There was an episode of Extreme Makeover, Home Edition where a Woodmizer was featured sawing timber for some timber framing, if my memory serves.  No one from the forum, though, if I recall correctly.

I'd pay extra for a Forestry Forum channel!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

ohsoloco

Every once in a while the history channel will run a show on the evolution of the timber industry, but that's about the closest I've seen  :P

SAW MILLER

Check out RFD TV.They have a show occasionally called Rural Heritage and I have seen old circle mills and horse logging on it a few times.But I would sure tune in to Forestry Forum T V  if it was on ;D ;D ;D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

DonE911

There is a Ranch TV on DirecTV..  maybe thats the RFD mentioned.

I watched it a few times.... saw some old barns being fixed ect....  didn't see any saw mill'n though.

Octoman

The FF Channel could be used by:

All the sponsors on the left hand side there to give product demonstrations.
It would enable them to effectively launch new products. 
Imagine the Sawmill shootout live on tv as well.
Live harvester shootouts 
Forestry business profiles.
Individual profiles.
Chainsaw training seminars!
Historical documentaries (The Good Old Days!)

The options are endless!! ;) :D

WM LT 15 - Fortune favours the Brave!

neslrite

Let's not forget the non forestry programing! ;D

The spanky comedy hour- hosted by GareyD!
101 ways to make grits- a cooking show-hosted by Jeff B  :D.
a commentary show-hosted by DanG
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

isawlogs

A little of ...   Red Green in there , just to spark things up .

It would be nice to have a forestry channel ... it could be done with some outdoor sports thing ... hunting and fishing come to mind ... Oh hunting .. one more week to get heeled up and then its off to the moose country .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!