iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log furniture

Started by 4woody, January 18, 2007, 10:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solodan

That's ponderosa, I also use alot of sugarpine and incense cedar. :)

4woody

so far i have only used oak an peacon we have syp ant tried it yet but mabe soon i like to make them ihave 12 erc but its hard to come by so i dont make the log bench out of it i cut all them up in 1inc broads

WDH

Start over?  Heck no.  No DanG way.......It looks great!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4woody

thank you i am glad yall like them an the last one an' got the finsh on it yet

saddletramp

Hey Woody. nice benches. Looks like you built them sturdy enough and your wife is a talented artist. I really like that last one with the dove landing. What to charge? Figure your time like the other guys have said. Take your wife on a shopping day and just look at things similar to yours. Get a feel for the market, price wise and see if the other stuff is as well built as yours. That can give you a base price for your area. Then be sure to charge extra for the art work. Dont go short there, Her art is what truly makes your benches one of a kind. Best of luck Woody and keep on building.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

4woody

Thanks it makes me an Tabby proud to here how much yall like them we are going to make a lot of them for  spring festalbe

Fla._Deadheader

4Woody, Native American styles and scenes go over big with "Tourists", around Festivals. Cougars and such are great, also. Good luck with your stuff. Practice makes perfect, and, you two are producing some really nice things.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

4woody

Thanks we will try some of those things to so yall will see more soon

Fla._Deadheader

I realize your wife is very artistic. There are also tons of patterns and pictures that can be obtained cheaply, and traced and burned just like Jeff B did. That's still acceptable for "Hand Drawn" in MY book.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

4woody

the only thing my wife said she was going to trace is some drawings her grandpa drawed be for he died of some old water mills and fram house's

Norm

That sounds cool 4woody, looking forward to seeing pictures when you get them done.

4woody

i thout it was sweet he is the one who showed her how to draw

4woody

Solodan i have not tried to put that litle brase on one yet is it hard to do with those angles

solodan

I drill to mortise at an angle, but the taper on the tenon I do as if it were straight, it looks better IMHO. I also like to put a brace long ways between the two end braces. The one pictured does not have it cause the customer wanted to be able to fit there boots underneath, cause this was in the mud room. I also cut them all a bit long so that the glue is re-enforced by tension. I think it just ends up more sturdy this way. :)

4woody

Thanks i got one thats going to be 7 ft i was going to do some like that when its done  i will show some pic see what yall think

Thank You Sponsors!