iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ammo Acountability Act...this means you!

Started by pappy19, January 12, 2009, 09:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I'm sure they would be most grateful for that, PT, particularly if you used your hand cast bullets for a crime. ;) :D :D

Other than the absolute unenforcability of the proposed law, I saw one minor redeeming quality in it.  They put in a cap of a half-cent per round on the additional tax on ammo, which seems to be a tolerable precedent.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

The Mississippi bill died in Committee last February. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

I've been unable to discern the current status of the New Jersey bill, but it is raising absurdity to new levels.  While it only applies to handgun ammo, they're insisting on a unique identifying code on each projectile, matching that engraved on the inside of its cartridge case.  On another thread, we've been discussing a handgun that is capable of launching .410 shotgun shells.  This has me wondering if each pellet in those shells must be individually coded.  If so, would all of the numbers have to be engraved on the inside of that plastic casing?

Are you wondering what sort of jackass would be proposing such a thing?  Well, his name is Bray!  What could be more ironically appropriate than that? :D :D :D

cheyenne

Bray.....That's just to funny...I think I just wet myself......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Corley5

I've got a hay customer with the last name of Bray and he raises donkeys  ;) ;D  Really  :) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!