iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Parts for stihl ms 251c

Started by RBC2404, August 30, 2019, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBC2404

Good evening, 
I was wondering if there is a place you would recommend to buy stihl parts from. I need an oiler, air filter and a plastic cover. Also, one video I watched recommended replacing the oil lines if you replace the pump. Do you agree even if they look fine. They are 3-4 years old. Light to moderate use. 

Thanks - RBC

Tropical Sawyer

If you want good quality parts and don't mind spending the money, a Stihl dealer is the obvious option. 

If you're on a tight budget however, EBay is usually pretty good for cheaper parts from China. It may take a bit of cleanup/modification to get them to work properly though. For example, a lot of Chinese carburetors have been known to come full of metal shavings which obviously should be cleaned out before use.

It really depends on your budget and how much you care about the saw. I generally buy oem parts from the dealer as I like having original parts in my saws but it really depends on what you want to do. Either way will get you cutting wood again.
Woodland Mills HM130, Stihl ms310 and ms660, Granberg chainsaw mill, 3 ton Kobelco excavator, 1 ton Chinese front-end loader.
New to sawmilling but have been chainsawing for a few years.

sawguy21

Genuine Stihl parts are only available through a dealer, he is not allowed to sell online. As mentioned e-bay is the obvious choice for aftermarket but as usual you get what you pay for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

RBC2404

Thanks guys - I prefer genuine parts. I had to shop around a bit to find a dealer that would order what I wanted "this year" lol. More like nope can't do it and maybe in Oct - yes 2 different places told me that... 

sawguy21

Those 'dealers' should not be in business. >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!