iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chasing The AMERICAN DREAM !!

Started by Meadows Miller, November 29, 2011, 08:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

As alot of the Members here on the forum would already know during My trip around The States that I met the Woman of My dreams who also has an awesome 8yo daughter Mexi that also I get along really well with in Mobile County  :o :) :) :) As some of you know from coversations we had along the way that I was thinking of moving to the USA as I do see alot of Opportunity there for people who are willing to work hard and smart and put in the hard yards to make it work  :) ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) but even i was thinking it was just abit of a pipe dream as I had alot of stuff on here on the go that i though I was going to just keep doing  ;) But Meeting Your Soul Mate changes all that for the better ;):):):):) 8) 8)

So Im coming to America To Have A Crack and I am getting all My paperwork arranged at the moment and putting out as much work as I can in the time I have here as I am planing on moving back Home to Jesi & Mexi and starting our life together by the end of Jan hopefully  ;) ;D ;D 8)

Ill be getting a sawmill Most likely a Lucas or Wood Mizer as I know it will work strait off the bat the way it should and I will also have a very short lead time to be started sawing I will also be getting an 8 ton truck and a loader of some sort plus all the usuall tools I have arranged some work with a pallet company just sawing pallet stock like stringers and cants and have a tree removal company  already storing logs at their yard in mobile which will be bread n butter money to keep things moving as We also plan on advertising doing Custom milling in mobile county as asfar as we can tell there are not many doing it their coupled with the fact that the population has doubled in the last 7 years  :) :) prob due to a couple of things like Katrina and the Gfc there should be demand once we get it out there that we are doing it  also ;):) now there are also two large mills that have said they would be interested in custom milling for long and large sections for building and crane mats  and odd sizes from time to time  ;)

We are also looking into Bundled Firewood ,Building log Shells & Building in general , and Rustic Furniture if things are going slow with strait sawmilling  ;) I and Jesi both feel lucky that I can turn My hand to pretty much anything as I have a broard range of skills and experience  :) ;) ;D ;D 8)

Jesi & I have also just arranged to buy a Very Tidy 3 bedroom home with plenty of space for a start and a pool as she also a Registered Nurse and works at the local Hospital where she intends to keep working until we have everything up and running at which point she will leave that and start working with me :):) I feel very lucky to have a woman who is willing to support me in what we need to do to have a lifestyle we all wlll enjoy and also shares My interest as far as timber and milling is concerned  :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

We will keep you posted on how everythings going here and Wish Us Luck ;):):):):):):):) ;D 8)

Best Regards Chris & Jesi  :)

4TH Generation Timbergetter

LeeB

Dreams are the seeds to reality. Looks like yours are well on thier way to being what you want. Good luck to you.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ms Meadows Miller

All we need now is Radar and a pear tree! Can't wait for Chris to come home. I have never been happier in all my life. smiley_love smiley_love smiley_love smiley_love

Autocar

Sounds like a true love story , hope everything you wish for comes your way . The best of luck to you both Bill
Bill

Chuck White

Well, congratulations to both of you, and wishing you the best of luck!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Hi Babe the only thing we where missing that day was Mexi ;):):) And I cant Wait to get Home either  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Thats So True Lee Thanks Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)

Cfarm I never saw it coming either Mate  :) :)  :D ;) ;D ;D 8)

Thanks Bill & Chuck I am Happy that we have such a large group of people on here we can call friends that we can share this with fellas  :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

The "Pear Tree" and "Honeymoon Suite" are available !!!  Congratulations to and Three of you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

That sound great Chris. Wishing that all of your and  Ms Meadows Miller dreams come true. That pear tree would make for a very nice setting for a wedding. It bears a spot where you have been and a place where you will be going. Good luck to the both of you and daughter. bg

Den Socling

Congratulations! And when you get around to drying wood, you will find American species much easier than those darn Eucalypts. Cheers! Den

Nomad

Congrats to all three of you!  Sometimes the best things in life sneak up on you.  Sounds like you've got a good plan going.

I lived in Mobile for a couple of years, some years ago.  I liked it there and I'm sure you will too, Chris.

Bill
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Ironwood

Congrats,

Welcome to America, all that you said in your opening statement are dead on, working hard, and making it happen. Things are GOOD here.

Happiness is living in gratitude, feeling blessed for all we have. !!   And your gal comes WITH a daughter!! Bonus.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Corley5

8) 8) 8)  You guys have a plan  :) 8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

Congrats Chris

I hope your plan all comes together and you 3 are very happy and successful   8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ernie

Good on ya mate.  If you guys are even half as happy as Jan and I have been for the last 40 years then you are in for a truly fantastic life.  All the best from Jan and I.  Cheers.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ms Meadows Miller

I guess you know love is true when you want to compare your match to the sweet old couple at the Waffle House holding hands on the tabletop.  :) :) :) I hope we are blessed with a 40 yr marriage. Congrats on that! Thanks to all for your kind words of encouragement and support.

Ms Meadows Miller

I introduced Chris to the Waffle House. He loved it so much that we went there for breakfast at least 1-2 times a week.  :D One morning we went for breakfast, we saw an elderly couple, side by side, both with walkers, walk into the restaurant, sit down and hold hands. Both still very much in love, smiling at each other. Chris and I both said that maybe one day.... we will be lucky enough to be the little old Waffle House couple.  :):):)

Woodchuck53

That's a start. Congrats and welcome home.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

OneWithWood

Congrats to the three of you.  Linnea and I send our best wishes.  8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawman

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Congratulations and good luck   
  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Ironwood

I must also add that I AM concerned if you're this happy, that perhpas you will be using MORE smilies  :D ;D ;) :) :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Burlkraft

Quote from: Ms Meadows Miller on November 29, 2011, 02:30:10 PM
I introduced Chris to the Waffle House. He loved it so much that we went there for breakfast at least 1-2 times a week. 

Keep that up and ya might not make it  :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Carpenter

Wow, Congratulations! 

I agree, I think there is plenty of opportunity here in the USA. 

Good luck to you and your new family!

Ms Meadows Miller

:D :D :D Death by Waffle House!!! LOL. And yes, I am very happy :):):):):):):):):) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;)

Thank You Sponsors!