iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solved: Dandelion

Started by Tom, July 15, 2001, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Do you have a head start Charlie?

CHARLIE

Well, that sure looks like a dandelion to me....unless this is a trick picture. Do they have 'em in Jacksonville?

Back in the '70s we got a new neighbor and a bunch of us went to visit him. One of my other neighbors said to him. "I helped you out a little and sprayed all your dandelions for ya.  He replied with a straight face, "Whadja do that for? I was going to use them to make some wine."  Turned out the new neighbor had a great sense of humor....just real dry. :D

I think all my dandelions are hybrid. ???
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

CHARLIE

What are those other little round thingies in there....Dollarwort? ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Yeah, That's dollarweed Charlie.  Do you have that up there?

Jeff

I may have to pull the garden and lawn weeds.:D Ain't this supposed to be the Forestry Forum? We need some Trees in here!! Or at least Forest understory plants.

One more thing about Dandelion. Isn't it prevalent everywhere? Or would it actually be unknown in parts of the country?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I'd be glad to put some trees on here, and will, but the woods are full of blooming flowers that produce fruits and greens.  I enjoy the identification of them as much I do the trees.  I could show some phenomenal growth in the height of my pines this year and have a file of tree pictures ready to go at a moments notice.  

The Dandelion picture was to question the identity effort of another plant shown earlier at the request of LW and the new ID15 plant is to reinforce my identification of it.  because of the interest, I hope to produce bloom shaft and blooms later so it can be identified.  I saw some in Georgia today that will make good specimans.  I also saw a bunch of pretty woods "weeds" in the ditches and the  pine barrens that I want to go back with the camera and record.

This is kind of a "woods Walking" thing and anytbody can jump in.  I never would have guessed your tree.  That was interesting.

My interest in these small plants is because I have been looking down lately.  :D

CHARLIE

Actually Jeff....and this is the truth....Dandelions are trees in Europe. When the pilgrims came over they brought seedlings with them, but something about the temperature, humidity combined with the ambient air pressure kept the seedlings from developing into the tall stately Dandelion trees of Europe. They began using them for salads and wine and liked them so much they carried the plant with them wherever they went. Now you know......................the rest of the story.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D
Charlie

Jeff

Oh, Come on, your going to have to document this one! What a piece of trivia this will be.

Tom

Hmmmmmmmm  I've got a Dandelion board around here somewhere.  I'll see if I can find it.

Jeff

I feel something being pulled.

Thank You Sponsors!