iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2020 cancelled till Fall

Started by Bruno of NH, February 01, 2020, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beav

Ill be there this year..
I was thinking it would be fun to 1/4 saw a nice oak or two on your gleaming new mill. I never tire of watching the magic patterns and pictures that come out with the rays.
It would be fun to bring cordless tools and build benches or whatever from the slabs (or whatever y'all call the first 4 waste cut peices) and edging junk etc.

Bruno of NH

Beav,
That sounds good.
I have only quarter sawn once and it was pine.
I will be on the look out for a large oak log. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Oliver05262

Count us in. Any way we can do it, we'll be there to watch, learn and help.
I'll give you a phone call this weekend.
Oliver and Harriett
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

51cub

I'm in for the 19th and 20th. I'll be running between here and CT every day or so for the next week. As soon as I get done with that I'll stop down to see you
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

curved-wood

I would like to go but there is many projects not set yet so I could confirm only at the last minute. Like K-guy, Autumn is a better moment for me. Last time was really fun to see all those bees working around all with different WM mills. It could had been a real good publicity for WM

terrifictimbersllc

I would try to come regardless but can't commit to a date now, tmgo.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bruno of NH

Another option would be in September the 19th and 20th
A very nice time of year in NH if that gathers any following.
Bruno 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Sorry folks
I had some unforseen things come up this weekend.
I'm going to have to call off the project till Fall
I will revist the idea if there is any interest in August.
Sorry Bruno

curved-wood

That is the best formula for me. So I will check around august for a meeting in fall

Ventryjr

I'm a new member around here, have been doing a ton of research with your guys help.  I'd be interested in a get together, if the invite is extended to new forum members.  I'm hoping to buy a mill in the fall/winter and Would like to talk face to face with some owners to get opinions/advice.  Thanks in advance!! Will check back in August 
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

Bruno of NH

All member new and old are invited to the Northern Project. 

Jim_Rogers

I would suggest that non members be allowed to join as well.
So that they could see what a Forestry Forum gathering is all about.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

I invited non members last year 
They enjoyed it

doc henderson

I hope family stuff is resolved quickly, and I look forward to meeting you in the fall, schedule permitting.!  thanks for all you comments in the weight loss thread!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

alanh

Fall would make it easier for me, would like to go

thecfarm

Ventryjr, this is a nice place to check out mills.
https://northernlogger.com/loggers-expo-2-2/

I go to the one in Bangor, ME. Should be 4-5 different vendors of sawmills there. 
Logrite should be there too. You will need a cantdog or a peavey from them. I can spend a day just looking at stuff there. Well really 2 days.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!