iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dozer blade adding tilt

Started by DMcCoy, February 15, 2017, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

I'm thinking about adding tilt to my dozer blade. 
Anybody else done this?  How did you do it?

tacks Y

I had a Allis HD6 that was done by person ahead of me. Worked well and a strong dozer w/hand clutch. Sorry can not remember what all he did.

D2 Cody

Hi DMcCoy,
What do you have for a cat? Depending on what you have and how it is plumbed maybe try looking for a heavy equipment scrap yard or used or burned up machine with the 4 way already on it you could buy and install on your machine. Another local contractor tried doing what you are on his 10 k and got it done but it took some decent fabbing and probably would have been cheaper in the long run to buy a used 4 way and install. If not an option it is always possible with some good old American ingenuity to build your own if you have the know how and equipment to do so. I have even seen an old d4 7u that was totally restored and had a custom full hydraulic 6 way on it so it can be done. Good luck with your project and look forward to following your updates.
Are you just going to lay there and bleed or get up and do something about it..Wyatt Earp Tombstone

Echo-Stihl-Caterpillar-Dodge-Craftsman-Lincoln

tacks Y

The HD6 had struts at the top outside corners to screw to manually tilt. One was replaced with a hyd cly.

DMcCoy

A D2. Has a young brand blade on it now, VERY stout.
An internet search has yielded nothing for information on home built.  I have the skills but I then again it looks like a ton of work.   Very good wrecking yard near me, I think I will check there in the AM.

aussie380

we did it to a fiat 70ci, it already had a 2nd spool for rippers that had been blocked off so we plumbed into that and changed the manual tilt adjuster with a steering ram out of a 540b even used the bolt that holds em in just had to change the end of the ram on the rod. works a lot better than having to get on and off all day

Thank You Sponsors!