iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

Actually they don't, they make them out of thin air. :o
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Matt601

Does anyone have a price on the 602? 
No matter where you go there you are!!!

teakwood

Quote from: lopet on March 09, 2018, 07:42:42 PM
Actually they don't, they make them out of thin air. :o
You hit the nail on the head there! The same applies for governments 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Riwaka

Common rail engines often have fancy coated piston rings- mahle and others dlc (chromium nitride) coat the piston rings by pvd physical vapour deposition to improve fuel economy - reduced friction. Also probably because of wear caused by egr muck.

MAHLE Group | Piston rings with high-value PVD coating for high-speed diesel engines
?? Does the Fiat engine in the Tigercat have coated rings? need to take it easy when the engine is tight in the first 20 hours so you don't ruin the piston coating coating?

lopet

Quote from: teakwood on March 11, 2018, 03:51:52 AM
Quote from: lopet on March 09, 2018, 07:42:42 PMYou hit the nail on the head there! The same applies for governments
I can go further and of the cliff and then the whole post gets deleted.
Folks should look up  " Hidden secrets of money " It shows how the elite enslaves humanity.

I got out of debt a few years ago by selling some farm land and now I can do what I want and work when I feel like.  8) 8)  Life is too short !!!

Sorry for getting of subject here.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

teakwood

there is no better feeling than being debt free!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

kiko

Joke of the day: FPT fully supported by TC.  Warranty , service, and... parts.   As long as you don't ever need any internal engine parts or you can afford the 30k for a new engine you are good.  If you demand the parts you can wait weeks while they order the parts from case and attempt to hide the case part numbers with stickers with TC parts numbers. Maybe they just need to catch up to their proclamation.

Riwaka

Tigercat DW 602 - France (might require a bit of translation)

Tigercat DW602 first impressions - YouTube

nativewolf

so why would a french canadian group sell a skidder in the EU but not in NA?
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

Easier regulations and that's where the market is most of NA is after a big skidder.

coxy

of course they can pull the other skidder it has bald tires  ;D ;D

nativewolf

Quote from: Skeans1 on May 25, 2018, 07:27:34 AM
Easier regulations and that's where the market is most of NA is after a big skidder.
France and Switzerland make the U.S.A regs look weak and easy by comp. Which really only leaves the marketing aspect of it all.  I'd almost buy a used one there in 4 years and ship it back here.  The engine has to be a cummins or something like that so it will have EPA tags.
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

Their regulations are different then ours here in the states, take a new car diesel or even a diesel in a machine there's two versions because how the emissions are measured. 

snowstorm

Quote from: nativewolf on May 25, 2018, 09:19:12 PM
Quote from: Skeans1 on May 25, 2018, 07:27:34 AM
France and Switzerland make the U.S.A regs look weak and easy by comp. Which really only leaves the marketing aspect of it all.  I'd almost buy a used one there in 4 years and ship it back here.  The engine has to be a cummins or something like that so it will have EPA tags.
i was in france last week. south of france as they call it. they still run lots of 2 stroke scooters

nativewolf

Quote from: Skeans1 on May 25, 2018, 10:22:30 PM
Their regulations are different then ours here in the states, take a new car diesel or even a diesel in a machine there's two versions because how the emissions are measured.
you know right you are.  Our emissions regs have been much tougher than the EU (fraudsters). Didn't think of that.  But the EU will be tightening those up since after the VW scandal it come to light that the car companies in europe were completely gaming even the weak regs.  But for now, yeah emissions is an area the US has the toughest, best, real standards in the world.  Tigercat's engine is going to have EPA tags though, all the big diesel's do (cummins, MB, etc). 
Liking Walnut

Riwaka

If clean exhaust is the priority then natural gas (mostly methane) has around 80 percent less emissions than diesel. A natural gas engine's exhaust can be treated with just a catalytic converter( according to this)
Fiat Power Train engine - (methane engine in New Holland tractor part of case new holland etc Fiat subsidiary)
How much would it take to solve the logistics of natural gas powered woods equipment?

The New Holland Agriculture Methane Powered Concept Tractor (Full Version) - YouTube

Skeans1

It's not that they are weaker it's they measure the particulate differently then we do, they are already requiring final tier 5 next year. Last year we were at timber pro talking to Lee they were having problems with Cummins meeting all the new standards for both US and EU since they are so different in requirements. Is it an engine they use in anything else? If not then it may never see the tag and could never get imported.

Skeans1

Natural gas and gasoline are no longer used in equipment for a reason for a fuel they don't carry near the power per gallon of fuel.

nativewolf

Quote from: Skeans1 on May 26, 2018, 07:53:51 AM
It's not that they are weaker it's they measure the particulate differently then we do, they are already requiring final tier 5 next year. Last year we were at timber pro talking to Lee they were having problems with Cummins meeting all the new standards for both US and EU since they are so different in requirements. Is it an engine they use in anything else? If not then it may never see the tag and could never get imported.
Well how can I say this...up to 2 years ago the EU had regulations but they were not enforced at all.  Manufacturers self certified and did it in clean rooms with unbelievable #s.  In real world conditions, like EPA tests, the cars were xxx% higher in pollutants than they should have been.  I could imagine heavy equipment would have been the same but I don't know.  Now, 2 years post VW scandal all that is changing and when the EU actually regulates something it is tough, much less negotiation than with the EPA.  Especially with diesel the EU was going for low carbon dioxide and the EPA measuring human health worries (particulate size, NOx, etc)  NOx is the cause of smog, or a major one, and that's one of the huge gains we've made in USA.  Go to Europe and in winter look at the window, you can't see more than a mile or two in a city, smog is terrible- horrible impacts on human health.  EU gambled on diesel at the expense of local human health and now the people in EU have figured out they've been gamed, the bat crazy EU rules on emissions are coming around and will look more like the USAs.  That said outside engine emissions the EU regulatory environment is tough.  
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Seems like a fitting time to throw out two pertinent sidenotes.  The city of hamburg germany just passed a ban on older diesel cars, and the international maritime organization is forcing all container ships to upgrade engines to some new emission standard in the coming year or two.  
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Quote from: mike_belben on May 26, 2018, 02:07:38 PM
Seems like a fitting time to throw out two pertinent sidenotes.  The city of hamburg germany just passed a ban on older diesel cars, and the international maritime organization is forcing all container ships to upgrade engines to some new emission standard in the coming year or two.  
Yeah things they are a changing in the EU, especially the incredibly hypocritical Germans ( oh we are green oh we are green...but we pollute like it's 1939). 
Liking Walnut

Stoneyacrefarm

I got to see the new tiger cat 602.
What a machine. !!
It was massive. 
I asked the salesman the price and he said 225k.
Not sure how I could afford the payment but it was really nice looking. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

nativewolf

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on May 26, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
I got to see the new tiger cat 602.
What a machine. !!
It was massive.
I asked the salesman the price and he said 225k.
Not sure how I could afford the payment but it was really nice looking.
They would sell it to you here? 
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

This is the best global emissions chart i could find, but the picture it paints to me is that we americans are the ones really getting squeezed by regulation.  

Global Emissions Standards and the Russian Federation - Commercial Trucks of FloridaCommercial Trucks of Florida
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

At what point do you lose because regulations have made the engine economy so bad vs is it's euro brother. Take say an eco diesel in the liberty at the time our version got roughly 30 the euro was double the mileage.

Thank You Sponsors!