iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done some log arching today

Started by Kwill, January 13, 2018, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

Cut a nice red oak for some green wood to burn. Figured I would use the arch to bring it to the house instead of cutting it up in the woods and then having to load on a trailer then unload. No sense in handling it twice. Got backed over the log and realized I had forgot the remote for the winch so I had to walk back to the house to get it.

The arch works great behind my tractor. It was a tight place getting into to get to the log and it worked great. Its nice not having to handle the wood twice. Cut and split it all right by the furnace shed and stack it up.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Kwill

Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bags

Screw a small waterproof box on your arch and always leave the remote with the winch--------- you gonna paint the arch to match your tractor?.

Kwill

Quote from: bags on January 14, 2018, 07:44:13 AM
Screw a small waterproof box on your arch and always leave the remote with the winch--------- you gonna paint the arch to match your tractor?.
I keep the arch inside out of the weather so it wouldn't have too be waterproof but I'm going to put it somewhere on it for sure. Not that the walk back to the house hurt  8) just inconvenient. I haven't decided on paint yet.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

thecfarm

Could you haul 2 logs out at a time?
I like rusted iron for paint color.   ;D  Unless it's a wife project,than it gets painted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kwill

Quote from: thecfarm on January 14, 2018, 05:30:40 PM
Could you haul 2 logs out at a time?
I like rusted iron for paint color.   ;D  Unless it's a wife project,than it gets painted.
I haven't tried 2 at once. My log tongs are kinda small for 2 at once
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Thank You Sponsors!