iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver05262

I first want to thank Claude for doing all he can to help others deal with all the flooding. At such times, family, friends and neighbors come first. Our prayers go out for all who are affected by this calamity
.https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/broken-quebec-dike-forces-thousands-from-homes-sainte-marthe-sur-le-lac
 My wife and I are still planning to be at Bruno's on Wednesday afternoon, rain or shine. Thursday and Friday's plans have changed and the curved-wood project may be on hold, but there are other projects we can work on and as Bruno said, maybe some timber frame lessons. Certainly there will be camaraderie and a chance to meet and work with other forum members.
 Saturday's get-together is sure to be a time of fun and learning, and you won't go away hungry from Jackie's lunch. The weather is promising to be cool and damp, so bring warm clothing and a rain coat and be prepared to have a good time. Bruno and Sheila have been planning this event for quite a while, and we'll try to make it a memorable time for all.
Oliver Durand
cell: 802.558.8161
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

curved-wood

I am sorry to report the workshop on curved building. My community is in heavy flooding. Water peak is plan for another 2-3 days. All the region is touch. Many cities are in an emergency status. The army is involved. A city not too far had a dike that open up; the emergency team evacuate 5000 persons in 30 minutes !!! No fatality. So I am helping around since my own place is not touch.
I will try to set a new date early this summer. Keep in touch and sorry for the inconvenient. Claude<
  At the end of the road is a ferry to cross the Outaouais River ! By the phone post you could imagine the distance. 

Ed_K

I'm trying one more time to see if any one could haul a few maple logs up to Bruno's outing on Sat. Oliver offered but but now can't because of other commitments. We live 5 Mins off of I-91 if anyone could swing by we'd appreciate it. I just can't afford to pay trucking for my trucker to deliver them.
 Curved Wood it's good you can help with the bad flooding there. I'll pray that you'll stay safe and the suffering it'll cause to family's there.
Ed K

Crusarius

ed_k you have anymore details on the logs? I am thinking when you mention trucker they are probably not going to fit in the bed of my F-150 (short bed)

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: tule peak timber on April 29, 2019, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 29, 2019, 06:42:40 AM
Quote from: tule peak timber on April 28, 2019, 07:42:42 PMterrific !
Hey I resemble that remark!!!
Did we get a chance to talk at Jakes ?
Yes but for only a few hours.  Not long enough.  :D :D :D  You must have had the lid off that bottle. :D :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

tule peak timber

Meaning at least I could still get the lid off. The drive to the airport at 3 am was brutal.... ;D
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Ed_K

Crusarius, No, there all cut 10' 6" and 12" to 20" DIB. I guess we'll have to talk about it at the get-to-geth'er on Sat. Thanks.
Ed K

Crusarius

oh, thought they were going for the get together. Figured 91 adds 15 minutes to my trip so I could possible deliver them to the gathering. But would definitely need a trailer for that load.

Bruno of NH

I have a project to do if anyone wants to still come on Thursday And Friday 
An 8x16 post and beam shed
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

I'll be stopping by on Thursday afternoon for a short while.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

curved-wood

Filling sand bags with Denise for the flood. Today my back is a bit sore. A lot of generosity from the public bringing food, water etc; even from restaurants.  Appreciate life when you could...I could tell you that for some others life is no fun and for a while (second major flood in the last 3 years, flood over 100 years probability ). I wish I could go with you guys on the Bruno's project. Good gathering. Put some pictures. Claude

Bruno of NH

Claude
Payers to all folks in your community. 
I'm sorry for their hardships .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

petefrom bearswamp

Another monkey wrench in the works.
Cant make it too much on my plate even at 70-11
A shout out to all who get there hope it is a rousing time.
Maybe next year if I'm still above the sod
DanG!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

Morning Folks,
Everything looks good for the 4th
Have two venders coming in Woody's Equipment, and Rheil Steel. 
Sawing demo and music from my friend Mick.
Good food and fellowship .
The weather doesn't look good for Thursday and Friday . I will be around if anyone still wants to stop in just send me a pm.
Bruno

78NHTFY

Hey folks--have a commitment I can't escape, so will not be able to make it!  Bruno, you're a stud for putting this together.  Will be there in spirit and in person next time...
Take lots of pics so we know it happened.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Sixacresand

We're about half way there. See y'all Saturday 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Crusarius

Well I am heading out by hopefully 10:00 tomorrow morning. Who all is camping at Bruno's? I will be.

I figure 7 hours on the road.

doc henderson

Bruno thanks for putting this on, and I wish I could be there to meet you and all others.  I am working 7 out of 8 days and nights due to issues.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

If anyone coming could bring some ice for drinks and maybe bring some drinks that would be great.
I will have a log on the mill ready to go

Oliver05262

I'll bring some bottled water, and Harriett is sending a dozen muffins she made for coffee break...............and a package of cookies. Nobody is going to starve!!
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Sixacresand

We're bringing drinks this morning (Saturday)
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

The new edger going in
Thanks Darin

Thank You Sponsors!