iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 Blade Tensioning Rod

Started by kyjondeere, August 06, 2019, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyjondeere

I'm not naming names but someone got too close to the tensioning handle with the tractor tire and now its broke.  I spoke to Norwood and the part is around $175.  all the part consisists of is a 24" piece of all-thread with a T-handle welded on.  I just can't stand to pay that so Im intent on making one.  That said, I have never seen the thread type on the all thread.  Its around 3/4 inch diameter and the threads are flat.  Maybe like a vice.  Anyone know what the type/specs may be on this that has a lumbermate 2000?  Thanks
Norwood Lumbermate 2000, John Deere 5083e, John Deere 5075e, Kubota L3240, Stihl MS 461, Stihl MS261CM, Load Trail 16' Dump Trailer

ladylake

That's called acme tread. Lots of it on Ebay for not to much money.  Buy 3 feet , cut it to length and weld a handle on the end.  Make sure to get the right threads per inch, comes in different TPI.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Old Greenhorn

Likely it's Acme thread (used for moving heavy loads), 3/4 comes in 5, 6, and 10 pitch. Measure carefully. It's $60-70 for a 3' piece at MSCDIRECT.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

ladylake

It's $12.99 plus $5 shipping on Ebay.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

charles mann

Depending where you are located, take the handle to a grainger, fastenal or some place similar and use their acme rod tpi gauge, then order the rod online or if where you are at has it, buy it there or have them order it. 

You can also mark a thread and measure 1" and count the threads with in the inch and ebay/amazon it to the house. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!