iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"free" Oak

Started by Den-Den, May 02, 2015, 08:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den-Den

This tree blew down on my neighbors place a few days ago.  I have been cutting up firewood for her and a saw-log for myself.  It was a little too big for my mill (42" dia on small end) but will fit easily now.  My Husky 455, a friend's Stil 440, several wedges, a 20 ton jack and it was still quite a challenge.   Still a ways to go on cutting up the trunk, lots of firewood and perhaps more sawmill fodder.

You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Magicman

No small feat, but the lumber plus the good deed will be worth it.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lud

You are set to quarter saw! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Ocklawahaboy

That was one magnificent tree.  Good job on the quarters.

Dad2FourWI

WOW!  Nice job!

How is your back?!?!?!

That would be a "red wine" night for me!!  :D :D :D :D :D

That will be some nice (and well deserved) lumber from that tree!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

hackberry jake

I can see the ray fleck now!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

scully

Please post pic's of the 1/4 sawn !
I bleed orange  .

fishfighter

I have one bigger then that to deal with, but I sure as heck NOT going to mill it. No way I could deal with it. Besides, I know it has a ton of metal in it.

dablack

It might have been "free" but it looks like you paid for it!  That is a lot of tree!  You are going to have fun with that one for sure. 
Building my own house in East TX

dboyt

I bet you spent more time quartering that log than you will milling it.  Just goes to show what you can get if you're willing to work for it.  Nice job so far, looking forward to more photos!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

dablack

Let me know if you need for me to swing by at lunch to help move something.  You are just five minutes away. 
Building my own house in East TX

Bert

Wow thats some nice looking free wood. Usually the free wood I get is total junk. Have some stuff somebody brought now that makes ugly firewood.
Saw you tomorrow!

Thank You Sponsors!