iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing an old walnut log

Started by 123maxbars, May 30, 2016, 06:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I am trying to get all the timber at my mill sawed up and on sticks for drying.
While going through the logs I found a old walnut log that has been on the ground for over 3 years. Still produced some nice lumber to my surprise.
A short video showing the story

http://youtu.be/BdUVlGGishw
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

tnaz

Can't wait to see the loading and sawing.

Thanks for sharing,

Terry

WDH

That is a ke-gnarly maple log  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

123maxbars

Quote from: WDH on May 30, 2016, 08:08:42 PM
That is a ke-gnarly maple log  :D.

Yes it is!  Finally gave me a good reason to get a bigger chainsaw for stabbing logs too big for the mizer
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Glenn Ohman

Thanks for sharing. The walnut looks great!

Are the ants really much of an issue? Do they vacate once the wood hits a certain MC?

Glenn

WDH

They live in part of the log where there is rot or decayed wood.  They do not impact solid or green wood.  They bore their tunnels in the decayed or rotted wood.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Glenn.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Czech_Made

Thank You Sponsors!