iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Zip Line Advice

Started by jseefried, October 31, 2018, 08:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jseefried

I need to install something to hold the uphill end of a 100' long zip line.  So far, the plan is to bolt two 16' long 6"x6" treated posts together and place them in concrete 4' below grade.  The downhill tree is approximately 5' down hill.  Any insight?  Thank you, John.

DelawhereJoe

I would probably add 1 or 2 of those big earth augers that they use for power poles, better to be safe then in the hospital.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ljohnsaw

You might want to do what the Boy Scouts do when they want to anchor something.  You have a stake the is holding your line (at the bottom so little leverage on the stake).  Then, plant another stake behind it.  Tie a line from the top of the first stake to the bottom of the second stake.  Repeat with a third stake.  Instead of rope, you would use cable or even turn buckles so you can tighten it up when needed.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Stuart Caruk

That's a huge drop in 100', and the loads of the cable and suspended load are fairly high. With a tight cable they run insanely high. Run a couple 5 gallon pails down the line filled with water before sending a rider first. My bet is that they will pound in at the end...
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Don P

The problem with trying to adjust sag in the line is that heavy riders slow or stall and light riders who don't cause as much sag (kids) still zing to the end.

Thank You Sponsors!