iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally siding the edger shed

Started by Bruno of NH, September 10, 2020, 05:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I have been so busy trying to build the sawmill business and make it sustainable that I haven't done anything for me.
Last Saturday I sawed up some Nice red oak at 3/4 × 12 x 10.
Monday started the install going to be board and batten.
The gables will be a different wood.
I wanted to apply some finish before the battens went on.
It's 20w hydraulic fluid from Runnings $25 for a 5gal pail.
I'm going to install a Russian board roof and burn it before I install it.
Haven't decided which wood on the roof yet it won't be oak.
I just sold a 5/4×5×8 oak fence rail job.  15° bevel on the bottom of the boards.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

A-z farmer

Looking good Bruno 
Did you get your edger to cut straight for you yet .
Zeke

Bruno of NH

Zeke no not yet.
My friends Dad that used to own the big mill down the road was going to look at it for me but broke his hip.
I have made many mistakes in life and that would be one of them.
Should have got the Thomas edger. 
I always learn the hard way   :laugh:
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Walnut Beast

thecfarm

I like that "oil" finish.   ;D
I checked out that Runnings store. Looks like they have a lot to choose from.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Cfarm,
Runnings is an excellent store they have some quality stuff and lots of good sales.
Winter bar and chain $7.29 a gallon cheapest in the area by far. It's harvest king brand but works great for me.

leeroyjd

Bruno-I am very intrigued with learning more about a "Russian board roof", but cannot find it online. Is it board on board, or board and batten?
Also searched "wooden Russian roof" and found some images. One looked like vertically lapped boards, but could be mistaken.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: leeroyjd on February 16, 2021, 03:04:57 PM
Bruno-I am very intrigued with learning more about a "Russian board roof", but cannot find it online. Is it board on board, or board and batten?
Also searched "wooden Russian roof" and found some images. One looked like vertically lapped boards, but could be mistaken.
The ones I have seen are board on board.
I ended up using galvalume on this shed.
I really wanted to try the Russian roof.
I'm going to be building some other buildings , I'm going to do it on one.

Crossroads

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!