iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Glad Im using skinny little bands.......

Started by Percy, February 19, 2021, 10:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Andries

Me too.
That looks like a big scary mess and cleaning up with a cutting wheel, there'd be springy bits jumping and popping out . . 
D'you think it was a metal strike?
There was an initial small spark, a pause, and then the fireworks began.
Thanks Percy.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

JRWoodchuck

Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

doc henderson

can we see it in slow motion?  do you have a go pro looping just "hoping" for some excitement.  I have never seen so many sparks loosing a band.  It still makes me jump a little.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

moodnacreek

I've seen the ring of fire. It can also start the mill on fire.

GAB

That was a very expensive log.
If it was maple I would think broken tapping bit.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SawyerTed

Had a blade break yesterday.  The carnage was anticlimactic after watching those 10 seconds of disaster!  Those big bands did a lot of collateral damage!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Hilltop366

Quote from: doc henderson on February 19, 2021, 11:08:26 AMcan we see it in slow motion?

Click on the cog wheel and adjust the playback speed, in slow motion the first spark is quite a while before the rest of the mess.

Percy

Just to clarify, thats not my setup...my friend steve sent me the youtube link.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Southside

And I get upset when I trash one of my bands, the air would be some blue had I done that move!!  :o
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

donbj

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

terrifictimbersllc

:o :o :o  Hard to blame the customer when there isnt one. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Satamax

Something like 500 to 800 dolls gone in blade, i would think. 

My 120 mm wide ones cost about 300 already. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

kelLOGg

What kind of mill is it! Its almost symmetrical with the log in the middle. ??? ::)
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

SawyerTed

It's hard to say what brand but McDonough, Cooper and a handful of others build twin band head saws similar to the one in the video.  The one in the video has a chain carriage, I suspect the cant goes to a gang saw next and the log is broken down into boards in about 30 seconds.  

Google Cooper Machine Company.  There are several videos of twin blade sawmills.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DYank

Did  they charge the customer $35 for hitting a nail? :) 
Dean

Oliver05262

Thanks, Hilltop. Now I know how to slow down a video. "learn somethin' every day"
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

barbender

I can't believe they don't have metal detection in a saw line like that!
Too many irons in the fire

boardmaker

The color scheme looks like McDonough.  I couldn't find a logo anywhere though.

I'm sure that log went through a medal detector.  Either, it was a nail that slipped through or possibly something like a porcelain insulator that wasn't detectable.

That's some carnage.
We've had them break on our headrig and accordion the the band in the lower saw hood.  You have to cut the band out.   

barbender

You would think it had to be something like a porcelain insulator, or maybe tree steps. I've seen our harvesters run a stem with tree steps through the head, they are brutal on the limbing knives.
Too many irons in the fire

moodnacreek

Alot of those scrag mills cut young, small diameter stuff . You don't expect to find metal in pole wood. 

Thank You Sponsors!