iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missouri turkey season off to a good start

Started by drobertson, April 22, 2014, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Me and my father in law went out this morning, not a bad day, three to four gobbling, one came in, 22lb, 10" beard, 1" spurs,  lots of fun on a picture perfect day.

going after mine in the morning,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tule peak timber

Nice...Looks like a fun day ! We love turks!

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

drobertson

Are those tame?  Christy and I have discussed getting into the turkeys as well as chickens,  Just need a bigger coop for these guys, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Sure looks like a good start to me!  Good luck tomorrow, our wild turkeys around here would be called "wild" in a relative term I guess, never saw much sport in it but I have a good friend that hunts them further north and he always tells me I don't know what a wild turkey is or how hard they can be to hunt, I'd like to go along with him some time.  I think he leaves next week for his hunt.

thecfarm

Turkeys here are "wild" and than some. If I step out my back door and they are behind the house,I better be looking quick,because they take right off. They have very good eyesight. They have been right in front of the house a few times. We go to the window or door and they are gone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congrats to your FIL, David and Good Luck to you.   :)

Ours are also WILD !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

My Turks are in an aviary, but are "wild turkeys', Rio Grands. They have it pretty good at my place and this time of the year other wild turkeys actually pace around the enclosure and try to get in! Very good eye sight and hearing and fun to watch. I feed large numbers of birds twice daily and supply water creating quite a web of life around my home. We watched a baby bobcat stalking quail in the front yard last night, during trial flights of young pigeons off the porch beams. Lots of animals live in the log decks.... Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

drobertson

Nice, not worrying about poachers is a good thing.  I still think we will have some by fall, maybe some bourbon reds, 

terry f

Neighbor has trouble with the "wild" turkeys eating the cat's food off her porch. I know the South has always had them, but they're new around here, but a real success story. I've never shot one, but there is a difference between hunting one and shooting one. Nice pic drobertson

Thank You Sponsors!