iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seen in da Soo

Started by Jeff, January 01, 2024, 07:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I think they did a pretty good job!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Not bad at all. I don't understand what's going on with the taillights though. Maybe that's why he is at HF? :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawguy21

Man, now that is ugly! :D I have seen that done with loggers pickups, the box goes back on when they are traded in. I wanted to do it with our fleet.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

randy d

Looks like you live in the land of da Yoopers

doc henderson

that must be high speed red tape, unlike our politicians... :snowball:  and at least it is not plastic fenders like mine.  Our hell sorry i mean hail stones go right though. :)

at least you would not be afraid to toss a log or two in the back.  Is that an I beam across the front?  Is that from scratch or a transplant from days past?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

What color stain did they use?  :D
I like it!!!
Takes a few smarts to make that look good!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gearbox

I bet he's going to Harbor Freight to get magnetic light kit . LOL
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

doc henderson

looks like a rust-o-leum brand, not sure of the color :o :o :o :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Hilltop366

I'm hoping the red tape is only holding the lights and not the bumper too!

Years ago I made a "fleet side" wooden box for a 79 f150 4x4. The original box still had a a good headboard and tail gate so I reused them. I put a steel tubing post in the corners and welded the headboard and tailgate hardware to them. Also welded some 2x6 tubing ears on them to put taillights in so I didn't have to tape them on.

It was not uncommon to see a commercial fisherman's truck with a wooden box 30 or 50 years ago as the trucks spent a lot of time near the shore or right on the wharf and would rust quickly. Now they all seem to have $100,000 crew cab trucks, they still spend a lot of time at the wharf but most trade them before the trucks get rusty....most dealers have a guy hired by a US company to appraise and buy the trucks right away then they are exported to the US for resale. Think about that before you buy a used truck that came from Nova Scotia!

Thank You Sponsors!