iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost a couple of good friends to a poorly secured load.

Started by Ernie, May 28, 2012, 09:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Yesterday afternoon, Jan and I wondered why we had a big detour to negotiate on our way home from town..  The reason was terrible.  Good friends and good people crushed in their car.  The only saving grace, I suppose, is that they went together.  They were rarely apart in life and are now joined for eternity.  The headline was a shocker, I had never regarded them as elderly, they didn't live as if they were.  They were just in the middle of building a new house. If only the truckie had secured his load properly.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/7004359/Elderly-couple-die-in-crash
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ironwood

Sorry to hear that. I lost a friend to a runaway trailer a few years ago. 43 years old.......Real shame when folks dont think about how their actions effect others. I knew two folks (married highschool sweethearts) from my highschool that died together in a plane crash in LA many years ago. I see the trees the family planted on their farm in their memory everytime I am back home in Ohio.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Meadows Miller

Im sorry to hear you lost some good friends my condlences to you and their family as you said the only saving grace was they went together as we had that hppen to an old couple in my home town and it just devastated the one who survived  :( :( :'(
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Clam77

Sad news indeed.  Sounds like they led a full happy life together though...   
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Ron Scott

~Ron

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!