iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20 acres of hardwood pulp

Started by nativewolf, April 26, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Thought I'd throw it out to the Forum.  If any of you guys want to cut it, I'll give it to you free but it has to be done in July of this year.  Location is Delaplane VA, easy access via paved rd and a great landing spot 200' from highway.  No rocks, ok maybe 1 or 2 but really, pretty rock free.  Composition is 30 year old abandoned field yellow poplar and small black cherry.  Largest YP is about 24" most much smaller.  Cherry is 6-15".  Not much else.  I expect the volume to be about 2 loads/acre.  Not good stuff.

I just need it gone to convert the land to a meadow.  I'll be doing a forest mulching/tilling afterwards so low low stumps are good. 

If anyone is interested in seeing it drop me a PM.  Oh, and I'm still looking for someone to slab a 48" walnut, anyone in northern VA or MD?  I may be just wishing.  Strange.  One place in the country that could afford a nice slab. 
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Well, 84 views...no takers.  I'll bump it every day for a few days but then I'll let the Glatfelter or Lukas Mill folks send someone for it.  They both want it so it will get done I was just hoping someone here would be able to benefit from it. 
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Got a local guy to do the slabbing, he does some nice work.  The pulp company has a guy to cut it so that's good too.  Now I just hope a FF logger wanders by and wants it; well we have til next week.  40 free loads of pulp ..lots of viewers and no takers.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!