iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some more Prenanthes or rattlesnake root species.

Started by SwampDonkey, June 14, 2008, 07:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Look at this one, all three of those leaves attached to the same plant. That's just one leaf on my hand, look at the other two above it. :D :D

Prenanthes trifoliolata

More........different leaves. ;D

Prenanthes alba

Oh, and that isn't enough to confuse ya? ;)

No, this isn't Prenanthes, it is Lactuca biennia or wild lettuce or tall blue lettuce. It's in the aster family though. It's seems to be a cross over type species. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

That second one,is that a young burdock plant???I have no idea what the 3rd one is but I have it here.Grows about 5-6 feet tall when matures with a flower on top.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

They are rattle snake root species cfarm, no burdocks. They are asters. I can't figure which rattlesnake root species # 3 is though. It's actually wild lettuce or tall blue lettuce. It does grow tall like you say. It can grow up to 15 feet tall.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Lactuca is Latin for lettuce, or with milky sap. Wanted to see if it was just a common name or if it actually meant lettuce. The dried sap of a particular lettuce species was a substitute for opium, used by the Romans.

Thank You Sponsors!